Discussion Starter · #41 ·
OUCH!!!!! That sucks so bad lol!!!!

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,232 Posts
I really like the building..
been trying to get myself into something similar sized anyway ..one day..

always creamed over this idea for a man cave garage complex.

the squirl away space....

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Love it!

So, hope to post some pictures of an amazing addition to the shop that a friend put me on today............

I'll leave you with a word: Mohawk

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
She aint quite as pretty as that one, but for the money........... : )

Talked with a friend earlier in the week, and asked if he knew anyone that had a lift for sale. Didn't hear anything back, so I figured that he hadn't found anything. I get a call yesterday morning while I was doing a brake job on a Ford Van (while it was 22 and sunny out lol) saying I may have found a lift for you. It's literally 5 minutes from my house, and the guy is motivated. Don't need to sleep on it. So I finish the brake work, call up the guy, he literally was 4 miles from my house (out in the country, so that was a real coincidence). So I went over, he had it set up, I looked it over and it only took a few minutes to say, yes I want it.

For reference I had been quoting lifts all week. Cheapest Cheeng Chhong Meow 9k 2 post lift I could find was $3700 installed. Only a 12 month warranty and that was only a structural warranty. Nothing on the electric motor, the pump or the hydraulics. The somewhat nicer Chineesium lifts were about $5300 installed and they come with a 3 year warranty on electrical and hydraulics. I was fairly disheartened by those prices because when I put the 9k lift in the farm shop it only cost $2k installed. Given that was several years ago, but wow. So I set out to looking for a decent used lift to compare, so this was a God send.

I ask the guy how much he wants for it. BTW, its a Mohawk System 1 9k 2 post lift. Retails now for right at $10k, and they come with a 25 year warranty. Yeah, I said that right, a freakin 25 year warranty. He says, I'll take $900 for it. I say, I've got to go adjust a carburetor for a guy on an old Chevy truck and that I'll be back in an hour or so to pick it up.

So I go adjust this carb, and this friend has all kinds of trailers and such. He asks how much he owes me for the carb adjustment, I say, well, if you'll help me get this lift to my house it won't cost you anything (I had no parts in the fix), so he says, let me get the dump truck. We go load it up in the dump truck (dude I bought it from was super cool, loaded it with his skid steer because its so freakin heavy). Then they bring it over to the shop this morning, bring their tractor with a front end loader and we offload and take it right in the shop and set it upright. Still have to anchor it and level it out, but the hard parts are done!

Here she is, not the prettiest, but built like a dang tank!

Building Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood

Wood Building Font Gas Brick

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
938 Posts
Sweet score! Those are very nice lifts! There is one a at shop I worked at back in '02 that had been there for years, its still in service at that same shop 4 owners later.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Calling for snow down here in NC on Saturday. Funny thing is it could be anything from a soft rain to a literal foot and a half of snow. I had games canceled today, so I took the afternoon and decided to do a little prep work for whatever weather is coming. Hadn't thought much about drainage except that I needed to add some rocks, but decided to go with a DIY French drain.

Found this 4" perforated corrugated pipe for a decent price with the drain sleeve already on it, so I jumped on digging the ditch. The walk in door is probably the highest point around the whole shop, so I started there, fairly shallow, went down that 24' wall, turned the corner, and then went the distance across the front of the shop getting deeper as I went.

Plant Vertebrate Wood Mammal Automotive tire

Wood Road surface Shade Grass Tree

Plant Tree Wood Slope Road surface

Wood Road surface Shade Asphalt Plant

Did I mention that it was below freezing for most of the time I was working on this? Ground frozen, so I had to chip through the first few inches on the side of the shop that did not see the sun today lol. Kept at it trying to get it done today in the 2 hours I had remaining of sunshine. So I put down the hammer and got after it. Worked up a sweat, and then noticed my toboggan/beanie was a bit crunchy.

Check this out:

Automotive tire Dress Chair Bag Font

That's just frozen sweat. No big deal lol. But I got it done. Also got in the 3/4" x 6 1/4" Redhead fasteners to bolt down the lift. Told everybody at dinner I was going to go home and drill some red heads tonight.............didn't fully think that out before I said it super loud at the restaurant.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So I've been busy. Apparently you're a sinner if you're a close contact.........lol. NO symptoms, just time away at home, so I'm making the most of it. Finished positioning the lift, then I went ahead and attached the hydraulic lines and support brackets up top.

Property Shade Fixture Beam Wall

After that, I decided I should assemble my Grizzly welding table that's been sitting in our bedroom for the better part of 3 months. It is freakin heavy, so I carted out to the shop, and commenced assembly. It's crazy how well made it is. Grade 8 bolts to assemble with. I'm impressed.

Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Rectangle Table Wood Gas Composite material

Font Rectangle Parallel Poster Paper

Looks to be well worth the money. But before I did any of that. I decided to go ahead and dig the ditch from the house to the shop and put the conduit in the ground that will carry my main feed wire. We are in process of updating to 200 amp service on our house which will provide plenty of service for the shop. So I got to digging. Ground was still frozen at 10 am lol.

Road surface Bedrock Asphalt Pollution Grass

Dug this up. Other end 90's up in through the shop floor. Ran my wire pull string through, and then dug it all out, laid the conduit and 90'd up to the house. I'm guessing I was in the zone as I was digging. I didn't take any pictures until it was done lol.

Road surface Grass Asphalt Wall Wood

Plant Brickwork Brick Wood Road surface

Ducked taped over that.

Picked this up last night:

Table Rectangle Mesh Gas Wood

Iron Horse 60 gallon, 16.5 cfm at 90 psi, 155 max psi

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,462 Posts
I may be a stranger, but is that a ford fucking ranger?

I hate my turd so much lol

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,232 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,462 Posts
Its either that or a Mazda , lets hope it has the 3.0l v6 and manual trans, lol.
I have the 3.slow with the 5 speed. its fucking gutless and every time I drive it, I expect it to kill me.

not. even. joking.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
I may be a stranger, but is that a ford fucking ranger?

I hate my turd so much lol

No, lol, Its a Toyota Pickup 4x4 lol.

I've had a few danger ranger's, but no more

I can tell the both of you have had your hands on some Fords for far too long lol. Ive worked on so many of those turds over the years. 3.0, 4.0, 2.3, but the ever loving worst was that 2.9 they had in the late 80's. Head gaskets would pop, crack a head and the block. Made for an amazing scrap iron fit.

She's just a lil 22RE, 4x4. Sitting here thinking if I should K swap it. 105 hp is pretty lame. Its literally like a d15b2 thats 4x4. Pulls like a champ in the snow, but won't tow anything or really even get out of its own way.

Reactions: robgoof

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I could get one from all of the MR2 dudes that K swap and throw away the 3sgte. They did make a 22RET which was turbo, but still gutless.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
938 Posts
Needs ported, the lower manifold points the injectors into an actual corner, HUGE torque and fuel mileage upgrade, but you need to upgrade rod bolts or pistons smack into heads.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts