Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
Anybody ever put epoxy on their shop floor? Looking at the Rustoleum option because I'm on a budget. Any one ever used it before, or know of a budget friendly option.

Looking at Black with blue and gray chips in it. Thoughts?
Every single one I've ever seen put down, or had others "professionally" put down, it all starts coming up within 6-12 months. From the time you drop that tool, or slide a jackstand across it, it will etch or flake, and will just start coming up slowly but surely.

The best option ive seen is polished concrete with a sealer. Lasts WAY longer than anything epoxy, but can be pricey.

The last HD diesel dealership I worked at had polished floors, and we mopped them nightly with purple power and water. The place stayed spotless, and the floors stayed very clean.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did one of those epoxy floors and followed the prep instructions to the tee and started showing chipping around the 1year mark. I am going on 10 years and the majority is still there. I did mine because its way easier to clean and resists staining. If I had it to do all over again, I would rent the diamond concrete scraper before applying.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, here's a huge update. It snowed here yesterday, mostly melted off, then froze over last night. So I didn't expect the builders to actually be here this morning when they said they were going to be here. Ice on the roads and such. They came from about 1.5 hrs northeast of me which got more snow and ice than we did. He said between 7 and 8 this morning and it was 7:15am. 22* outside. Sun not even all the way up yet.

First thing as they pulled in

Plant Tire Automotive tire Tree Wood

What a building looks like taken apart:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

10 minutes later:

Plant Street light Leaf Branch Sky

20 minutes in:

Plant Branch Lighting Tree Sky

An hour or two in:

Plant Sky Tree Shade Branch

About 10am:

Mirror Plant Sky Branch Tree

11:30:

Plant Tree Natural landscape Sky Wood

About 1:30:

Property Plant Wood Tree Natural landscape

Right after 5pm:

Plant Natural landscape Tree Wood Twig

Just after they left around dark:

Wood Hall Floor Flooring Tints and shades

24' x 40', 2 10'x10' roll up doors, 13'6" x 24' work area, 24" exhaust fan, one walk in door, insulated roof, all certified metal and literally put up in just over 10 hours by four extremely hard working guys. I was glad to buy their lunch and bring it to them, and I was glad to give them a little bit of extra so they could buy supper. Can't wait to get power in it, a lift, and then get all of my tools in there and get to work. Hoping to build a lot of amazing machines in this little shop. DSO members welcome any time.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,977 Posts
Well, here's a huge update. It snowed here yesterday, mostly melted off, then froze over last night. So I didn't expect the builders to actually be here this morning when they said they were going to be here. Ice on the roads and such. They came from about 1.5 hrs northeast of me which got more snow and ice than we did. He said between 7 and 8 this morning and it was 7:15am. 22* outside. Sun not even all the way up yet.

First thing as they pulled in

View attachment 140398

What a building looks like taken apart:

View attachment 140399

10 minutes later:

View attachment 140400

20 minutes in:

View attachment 140401

An hour or two in:

View attachment 140402

About 10am:

View attachment 140403

11:30:

View attachment 140404

About 1:30:

View attachment 140405

Right after 5pm:

View attachment 140406

Just after they left around dark:

View attachment 140407

24' x 40', 2 10'x10' roll up doors, 13'6" x 24' work area, 24" exhaust fan, one walk in door, insulated roof, all certified metal and literally put up in just over 10 hours by four extremely hard working guys. I was glad to buy their lunch and bring it to them, and I was glad to give them a little bit of extra so they could buy supper. Can't wait to get power in it, a lift, and then get all of my tools in there and get to work. Hoping to build a lot of amazing machines in this little shop. DSO members welcome any time.
You gotta do a massive burnout on the slab with the wagon to christen the building lol

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Ya'll realize that I'm a teacher, right!!! hahahahahaha, I can't afford the rubber lol!!!!!! Maybe I'll get some new slicks and break them in on the concrete lol

Reactions: robgoof

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Picking the air compressor and also choosing the lift now. Electrics going in soon as well.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Belive it or not the central pneumatic compressors are worth looking at.
I've actually looked at their replacement compressor pumps, just in case I bought a used one that had a bad pump. Talon put me on to them. For $200 you can have a pump that puts out 17 SCFM at 90 psi. Which is pretty legit. 5HP motor, so you'd have to have a good size tank to use all of that. I need something that will push enough air volume for the Plasma Cutter.

Reactions: drtalon123

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,232 Posts
21 - 40 of 66 Posts