Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been getting this warning message for almost a month now and i had tried several deals to fix it... nothing seems to work... last night i went to microsoft.com to find a fix and just ended up getting malware, go figure... it is really making my computer super slow and laggy... this thread should have only taken a few minutes to make, has taken over 20 minutes due it freezing up...

have you had issues and were you able to fix it..? i would love to know how...

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
Need more info.

OS
Flash Version
Browser
Specific sites affected?

I haven't heard it referred as "Shockwave" Flash in a looooooooong time. Smells like you are past due for an upgrade.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Even updating from adobe website doesn't fix it?

Adobe - Adobe Shockwave Player

EDIT: maybe Bone got it. My chrome has been kind of slow to think of it, I just thought it was our work internet like usual.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's a Dell from 2005/6... it has windows XP... it doesn't matter what site I'm on... it did while I was making this thread...

I downloaded Chrome last week and had the same problem... I don't know Bone, it figures it would be my luck to download it while it's having the same problem lol...

I tried to get an update for it but haven't had any luck... In fact the only update I found was for Java..

i will try the link that was posted above to see if it helps...

I'm using my phone right now so ignore the auto correct crap lol.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
back on the PC now... i forgot to mention im running FireFox...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ i dont have that type of luck lol

well, this looks promising, maybe it wasn't installed at all..?... i just finished the upload so im going to reboot... fingers crossed

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know yet... so far it seems to be the same... i rebooted but haven't been able to go on the webz...

even the mouse is glitchy..

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Firefox is trying to start...

i see my home page... i will try to reply on the PC...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope... it's still giving the same message...

im still on my phone as it hasn't finished loading the log on page...

should i attempt a system restore..?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^ nice...

I did the system restore but it didn't help any. ..

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Shockwave and flash are different programs. That is a virus or at least some kind of scamware.

First run msconfig and disable all startup items. Then go to the services tab and check the box that says "hide all microsoft services" at the bottom and then the disable all button (so all NON microsoft services should be disabled) then install avast free version and go to boot time scan and go into settings. There should be an option to set hurestics to high, delete anything it finds, and check inside compressed folders. Then schedule a boot time scan and restart your computer.

After the bootime scan is done (it will take a while) install malwarebytes free version and do a full scan and remove anything it finds. After that I would probably run a chkdsk c: /f from command prompt, and definately remove flash, shockwave, and any programs you dont use or recogonize from add remove programs. Then you can go to the adobe site or ninite.com and reinstall flash. I would also install ccleaner and check all the cleaner options except wipe free space then run it, and run its registry checker as well. Under ccleaner startup area there is the computer startup, which should be almost all disabeled, and a firefox tab, check the firefox tab and disable anything you dont specifically want.

After you do all that you can go back into msconfig and re enable anything you want in startup and services, but most of it is probably crap you dont need.

If you need help with anything let me know, I will be at home most of the day tomorrow and can fix you up via team viewer if you get stuck.

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Having the same issue but this only happens when multiple browsers are open at once.
Also changing start up programs on Msconfig seems to help a bit, as well as monthly de-prag and weekly ccleaner clean up. :)

Oh btw, I hate windows 8. Windows 7 ftw!

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
^^ Lol :whistling:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Having the same issue but this only happens when multiple browsers are open at once.
Also changing start up programs on Msconfig seems to help a bit, as well as monthly de-prag and weekly ccleaner clean up. :)

Oh btw, I hate windows 8. Windows 7 ftw!
Windows 8 is ok once you download classic start and rip out all the stupid apps. It actually seems to handle memory intensive programs slightly better than windows 7, the default options are just terrible for a real computer though.

Try to avoid multiple types of browers open at once if you can. If you do, stick to IE and firefox in windows 8 or just all crome. Windows 8 has a version of flash built in that IE and firefox use, but crome comes with its own version of flash built in that it uses. So if you open firefox and crome in windows 8 you have 2 completely different versions of flash going.

In windows 7 and below it is even worse. Adobe makes a version of flash for IE, and a version of flash for firefox, and crome comes with its own version, so you can have 3 versions of flash fighting there.....

If you are having issues specifically with multiple youtube tabs try their html5 version. It is what is going to be replacing flash in the near future: http://www.youtube.com/html5

1 - 20 of 53 Posts