Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright on eBay there is a guy selling a shock and strut combo that he has had for over ten years but never used. Is there a shelf life for shocks or anything, I really want to jump on these because they are cheap but I am a little skeptical because they are so old. The auction ends in four hours so I need a quick reply. Oh and they are a Tokico shock and strut combo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if they're never used, they should be alright. i would prefer to see them in person. check seals, things of that nature. i have coilovers with an ass load of miles and are probably 4 years old, maybe more. cant remeber.

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
Alright on eBay there is a guy selling a shock and strut combo that he has had for over ten years but never used. Is there a shelf life for shocks or anything, I really want to jump on these because they are cheap but I am a little skeptical because they are so old. The auction ends in four hours so I need a quick reply. Oh and they are a Tokico shock and strut combo.
I saw the same auction and would have bought it if I didn't have an 88 CRX (only fits 89-91) Did you buy it? I'm pretty sure the only part that would age without use is the bump stops, they might be dry and crumbly by now, esp if it was kept in a hot attic. Also I think they might have changed strut designs in the past 10 years, so it's prolly worth it to get new ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts