Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so when I am going fast and I decelerate kind of hard more then normal I feel the steering wheel shake not really bad but somewhat noticeable and I can hear a noise that the front tires make like there moving around. It doesn't effect breaking or driving at all I just want to make sure could if be an blanching or aliment issue? I only have a strut bar thats it. I got new tires goodyear over the summer. That car seams fine I just noticed it to I was going about and 80 mph and I started to slow down and break a little harder and I noticed it. I don't think its any thing.

·
Registered
Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm I only notice it under heavy breaking and I have to be over 60mph I have steeles on I have never pulled the wheel off guess all take a look.

·
Registered
509 Posts
resurfacing a set of brake rotors is a waste of money. buy new ones , get cross drilled rotors , and never buy another set as long as you change your pads before they wear out. also , dont use lifetime warranty pads , go for 1 year warranty and change em every year , better braking and rotors dont take a shit kicking.

that vibration your feeling under high speed braking is warped brake rotors id say.

·
Registered
Civic
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
04 vp no abs not super hard breaking but more then normal and I have to be at some what high speeds. Last time I had the wheel off over the summer I still had quite a bit of meat left on the pads but the car was used has 74 thousand on it so idk how abused it was when I bought it. The breaks don't squeak and I haven't noticed an axis about of break dust. If I were to get new rotars which ones would you recommend? I'm thinking Brimbo

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
Brembo blanks are a waste of money. Same damn thing as OEM rotors.
Same thing as from the honda dealer maybe.

Not all blank rotors are created equal.

Autozone $10 rotors lasted me 6months.
Brembo blanks have 2 years on them and still going strong.

If your running an agressive pad you will want to spend the extra money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts