Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys. i'm having this problem, which started a few days ago. my shifter is getting stuck between second and third gear. it is not that i can't shift, but hell i gotta yank it. what could be? o-rings, bushings? any help is appreciated.

Reactions: green_hornet_96

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
damn it... no one??

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
be
patient
some
of
us
work

check your tranny fluid level, and when it was last changed, then ask again.
sorry man, and thanks. yes i did changed the tranny fluid, two months ago.

positive rep for you.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol I couldn't resist, you posted something like 4 times.

hmmm, what tranny is it? Does it do this only upshifting or downshifting too?

95 dx tranny. it does it when upshifting.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everytime you shift from 2nd to 3rd or only when you're driving hard?
silly importracer: most of the time it does it when i'm driving hard. sometimes when i'm just cruising around. it's not that it does it everyday, but it does it quite often. it's like one or two or three days is ok, but then -and without notice- it starts again for a couple of days.

greenhornet: no, i don't have a short shifter yet. i'm gonna install one this weekend. a vibrance performance short shifter.

thanks to you both.:TU: :TU:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Reason I asked about the short shifter was because my cheapo $14 unit would bind like that. Tightening it down to get rid of the vibration and buzzing crushed the ball bearings and kept it from working right.

Does it ever shift hard shifting from 2nd to neutral, or from 4th to 3rd (hard going into 3rd)?

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reason I asked about the short shifter was because my cheapo $14 unit would bind like that. Tightening it down to get rid of the vibration and buzzing crushed the ball bearings and kept it from working right.

Does it ever shift hard shifting from 2nd to neutral, or from 4th to 3rd (hard going into 3rd)?
thanks green_hornet_96. concerning your question. no, it only happens when i'm shifting from second to third. 2nd to neutral is ok, same as 4th to 3rd.

oh, i forgot. there's another problem that may help solve this thing. sometimes its a pain in the ass to shift the car in reverse.

thanks a lot for your help, buddy.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
166 Posts
hmm....sometimes i notice that it's hard for my car to get into 1st or reverse, i usually step on the brake and pump the clutch a few times, then i try putting it back into first/reverse and it helps. you can try that.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Having trouble with reverse means its a honda. It's par for the course you could say. I just put it in as far as it will go, the let the clutch out out a hair and if done right, it will rotate the piece in the transmission a hair and it will pop right it. BARELY letting off that is.

So, I know we've been over this, but is there ever any trouble shifting from 4th to 3rd? What about shifting from 2nd to N, then N to third? Just seems like an odd ass problem.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Regarding getting into Reverse, I usually put into 1st and move ever so slightly and then it's cake to get into R.
Yeah, rolling just a bit usually helps if you are on a hill too.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks a lot guys. so, according to the gospel of haysoos, reverse is the mark of the beast in a honda. ok, i can deal with that.

regarding haysoos question. no, i don't have any trouble downshifting 4th to 3rd, or upshifting 2nd to N and then to 3rd. and yeah, it must be and odd ass problem, because it does from 3rd to 4th. to make it worse it doesn't occur in a daily basis, idk, one or two days everything is ok and then is fucked on the third.

next saturday i'm gonna install a skunk2 short shifter (bought it after i bought the vibrance short shifter), and of course as part of the install i'm gonna change the o-rings that hold the shifter in place. maybe that will help solve the problem. anyway, keep the suggestions coming. thanks a lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts