Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I had some kick ass pictures on my new camera but this is my first time using it so I cant get them to upload off the camera yet. I pretty much finished taking out my motor today minus the radius rod bolts cause I didnt have a 17mm wrench and this fucking shift linkage. I didnt even attempt the linkage because I knew it was trouble, just looked at it for a minute and snapped some good pics.

I remmber reading about a bitch pin or something and thats what cause the linkage to release ? I dunno

One of the rods coming form the shifter disconnect from the tranny housing with just 2 12mm nuts right? and the other linkage is the one that is the huge problem to remove?

Can someone tell me exactly how to remove this in order to remove the motor

The car is a 88 Crx Si with a Sohc ZC motor

btw-I will be back with pics after when I find the time to figure this out
thanks

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
WD40, socket of the appropriate size, or 8mm punch. Let the pin soak in wd40 for 10-15 minutes, then pound away from whatever angle (above or below) with a decent sized hammer (2-3 LB) and that should come out with some persistence

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well just to update this for anyone who ever searches for it again

I actually recommend moving the linkage with the engine in.

What I did:
1-found a drill bit that would not slide through the pin (sit on top) but was small enough so it would go all the way through the hole that the pin was pushed into (i think the dril was a 1/4"),

2-found a 3foot piece of broom stick and drilled one end about 1 1/2" with the drill bit you just picked up

3-push/press the end of the drill bit into the hole with the (i kept the dull bottom part of the bit facing out, this will become your punch)

4-take your newly formed spear and from the top of your engine bay, locate your bitch pin and center your punch on there

5-take a nice size fucking hammer and fucking wail down, took me about 8 solid smacks for it to pop out, wasnt hard, im sure they might be sometimes, liquid wrench would do some good if it was

6-look for the itty bitty pin that just popped out, took me another 5 min haha

7-*OPTIONAL* realize your ghetto and swapping motors in your driveway with handmade tools

Anyways, its out, now I just gotta pick up the lift I rented tomorrow and out comes this motor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts