Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, lately in the ol' civic I've noticed more slop than normal in my shifter. Loe-and-behold I get underneath only to discover the guy that owned it before took the step to do the stabilizer bushings but dang did he annihilate the other end that connects to the transmission. It looks like the guy used the wrong sized punch when removing the linkage, pounded the hell out of it, and now there's a good 1/16" larger hole on each side of the roll pin on the linkage. I've scoured the internet trying to find a solution that doesn't involve; A: buying an entire used linkage off good ol' ebay. B: Buying a B-series linkage and removing the end part I need. and C: doing some jank fix that just gets me by, It seems that the slop is becoming significant enough that going into 1st and reverse feels like chore. I did read about the guy that does the aerospace u-joint mod but that requires a non-shifter T "piece" that isn't messed up. Does anyone have any suggestions on a solid, reliable fix that I haven't come up with yet?

·
Registered
Subbie Outback
205 Posts
We've rebuilt a couple of these linkages making bushings out of UHDPE, but the work entailed using a TIG welder and doing some machining. Nothing else out there did what we needed to do.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,867 Posts
Drill it out a little bigger and use 1/4 or 5/16" roll pin?
Or go onto into the DIY section of this forum and find the shifter linkage fix post and check that out.

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
526 Posts
RC Autoworks in chicago will modify shift linkage with a tighter joint. I have one in my EG it is great. Looking to get it done for my EF. May not solve your wallered out hole though, but you might be able to talk to them about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts