Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
sledge hammer
good three ft of car clearance of the ground
vise grip holding a small bolt( we used an old vtec solenoid bolt)
your arm will be sore....trust me, but keep at it, it will come out.

·
Registered
1998 Acura Integra
736 Posts
Thats how i do it. A punch from above (i don't remember what size but it has to be pretty close to the exact size of the hole). It takes some pounding but should come. Otherwise I have also just disconnected the shift linkage at the back twice when we couldn't get it out and pulled the motor out with the linkage connected. It worked. Once we pulled the motor out from underneath tho, but once from above with it in.

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
Honda4VW said:
3 feet of clearance is hard to achieve....giving him the RIGHT suggestion :)

Guess now we know why you got the DOHC...its easier :)
ok no lift......1.5 ft is still enough from the bottom, wich is the only way to do it IMO.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Toddnos said:
ok no lift......1.5 ft is still enough from the bottom, wich is the only way to do it IMO.
1.5' clearance, if your pin was improperly installed. It is supposed to be a bitch to get out, hence the name "bitch pin".

Try swinging a hammer at a punch with 18 inches of play, you lose 3 with the punch, and another 6 with the hammer. Now you only have 9 inches, how much force can you get, while laying down, and going upward? Not very much.

·
Banned
3,673 Posts
f00ker said:
1.5' clearance, if your pin was improperly installed. It is supposed to be a bitch to get out, hence the name "bitch pin".

Try swinging a hammer at a punch with 18 inches of play, you lose 3 with the punch, and another 6 with the hammer. Now you only have 9 inches, how much force can you get, while laying down, and going upward? Not very much.
how many motors you done? you look pretty lazy to me....

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Toddnos said:
aaah my name aint todd,,, you dont know me biiiiaaaattcchhh
your username is "TODDnos".

Hitting it from the bottom is the harder way of doing it, and you're more likely to break something that way.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts