Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My shift linkage keeps popping out of bushing number 16 in the diagram.

What could cause this?

Note: When I got the car it didnt have part number 17. Could that be causing the problem?

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
yes it can definitely cause the issue.

if its still a stock rubber bushing, it would have stretched quite a bit.

grab a new plate from honda or a junkyard, and buy the energy suspension branded shift bushing kit, and get that linkage back up to par

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, I'll get on that tomorrow. Anyone know the price of the Honda shifter bushing kit? Does it come with all the bushings that I need? I notice some cracking on that stock one that the bracket holds up.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
pretty sure the ES kit is 15 or 20 bucks. search civic shifter bushing kit on ebay.

thje ES kit does NOT come with that mounting plate piece. you WILL need that before anything else.

Heck, it might solve the issue of it popping out once the plate is added

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced all the bushings and the mounting clip and it tightened everything up and I seem good to go! Only other problem I have is that my shifter is moving a lot whenever I accelerate. Which motor mount would cause this?

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
I would get all new mounts and fill the rear with window weld for a more solid feel. DIY somewhere on here on how to do it properly, I would give the stuff a week to cure before install.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rear motor mount was cracked in half, replaced it and problem solved. Thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts