Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys- would appreciate if you can point to the link if this has been asked before.

Whats the best way to wire a rev meter together with a shift light? (I prefer the ones you get with both the meter and light bolted to each other) I'm looking for the most accurate reading possible

What brands should I be looking at when buying one?

What other features should I look for?

Thanks in advance dudes

·
Registered
A honda!
352 Posts

My setup.

I bought a Sunpro 3½" Tachometer

Ebay ftw (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=260036499313)

The pulled apart the cluster and the Sunpro.
Removed the metal ring and plastic gaurd on the Sunpro
Then set the shift light to 6500.
Took the old tach out of the cluster and removed the plastic tabs on the inside of the white part of the cluster below the spot where the cluster was.
Poke a hole and ran my wires out and then lined the tach up in spot and level and put the cluster back together.
It squeezes in there perfectly.

I was going to pull it apart and do a write-up but it is cold outside and I am lazy.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts

My setup.

I bought a Sunpro 3½" Tachometer

Ebay ftw (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=260036499313)

The pulled apart the cluster and the Sunpro.
Removed the metal ring and plastic gaurd on the Sunpro
Then set the shift light to 6500.
Took the old tach out of the cluster and removed the plastic tabs on the inside of the white part of the cluster below the spot where the cluster was.
Poke a hole and ran my wires out and then lined the tach up in spot and level and put the cluster back together.
It squeezes in there perfectly.

I was going to pull it apart and do a write-up but it is cold outside and I am lazy.
how well does the tach light up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts