Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i wanted to know i have a 92 civic with a ex cluster and i wanted to know since i dont have cruise control i dont need the cruise control light on the cluster and i wanted to know is there a way i could use the light as a shift light or install my own shift light in that part of the cluster . i coulnt find any info on the internet so please help me out

·
Registered
97 ej8 & 95 eh9
52 Posts
depending where your at. why not get you ecu chipped. i'm running a p72 on crome pro with a sohc map with launch control and check injen light as my shift light. its a dyno proven map.

·
Registered
92 vx D16Z6
83 Posts
I dont see why you couldnt install your own shift light in that location?? but idk about using that light... i havent heard of anyone doing that yet... good luck!

·
Registered
840 Posts
i don't see why you couldn't isn't the cruise control run my the ecu just the the check engine light?

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
Cheap route
MSD RPM activated switch with the specific RPM module you want for the 12vt to activate then wire it to the back of the cluster.
I have a used MSD RPM activated switch used to activate Vtec. All you need is to pull the RPM signal , power, ground, and 12vt output to the cluster wire for the Cruise light.

·
Registered
97 ej8 & 95 eh9
52 Posts
$140 bucks to chip a obd1 vtec ecu with a dyno proven map, and $160 to chip obd0 ecu.
if your already chipped, then it's only $60 bucks to chip.
msd shift lights are cool, but why not get the most out of your injen, as opposed to just getting a light with no bell and whistles.
shift light, 2 stage launch control, no rev limiter, and cel still works and will throw codes when something is wrong.

·
Registered
ej8
6,366 Posts
yea you can use that light. I done shift lights before. 1 and 2 stage. All you really gotta do is get a shift light and run the wires to an led or bulb in the back of the cluster. Really if you look up diy vtec light its the same thing just the 12v wire is the output from the shift light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts