Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can the factory shift knob be remoed frm the stock shifter?
i imagiene it can.. but i dont jknow how..

i got a shifet knob for my burthday (todayu) and i wants trayin to instal te and realitred i dcudn get shte tstock one off fehe the shifter. do si have to get an faratermarlek shifter ot use tstock mobnob>? thanx.x....

happybirhtaday to ameee :alky:

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm.. i cant eeven remember posting this thread :|

but i DID need to know anyway!!!!

i lefty loosied that bizzatch all afternoon but it wouldnt come off for shit.

then i had the feeling it was reverse threaded so i righty loosied it? (lol) and that didnt work either.

is it TIGHT?

·
D-series WTF?!?!
Dyno GT Racing Bike
3,674 Posts
its proably a Virgin shift knob man u need to breaking lose that bitch or maybe u dont have enuff strength but it should loosing up or maybe the dumb fuk that own the car before use crazy glue??? who knows man keep trying and rock ur b-day gift!!!

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
WEAKsauce hahahahahha

turn it dude lol

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
it unscrews.. lefty loosy.. if you cant get it.. then im guessing your the type of person who has someone open up jars for you too? lol

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
muahahahaha
MY first attempt for the day and it came off!

guess i was just tired or hungry or something yest wen i tried it (not to mention drunk out of my mind)

but the new shift knob sets the shifter about an inch taller.. not cool.. but its a gift.. gonna rock it till i break it..

and.. thought since i had my old knob out n not gonna use it for a while.. i did the diy rice coloured lettering..

it looks nice.. but now the whole knob is dull black instead of shiny black and no amount of scrubbing and armour all is helping :(

any help there?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
please tell me you didnt Armor All your shift knob.... *bout to start laughing*

·
Registered
2018 TRD
3,610 Posts
See below to solve all your dull problems.....

I Armor-All my stock shift knob everytime I detail the car by the way...its the steering wheel that will get you in trouble!

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
please tell me you didnt Armor All your shift knob.... *bout to start laughing*
yah, always do when i wash the car.. its cool, once u know what ur doing.

i do the steering wheel as well.. but that one is a bit more tricky..
just clean the wheel with a soapy cloth then 'rinse' with a wet cloth then dry with a wet one.. next hour or so when the wheel is HOT hit it with VERY LITTLE armour all.. and rub that sucker for about 10 minutes.. around and around

protects.. shines.. but doesnt slip at all!

do that every week..

guess im gonna hafta clear coat the shift knob u say man? damn.. that kinda sucks

·
Registered
crx and ford ranger
1,000 Posts
want a home made shifter take a damn hacksaw to that bitch and make you a JDM custom short shifter and weld a knob to it i have seen it done yo lol

·
Registered
Honda Civic Coupe
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
want a home made shifter take a damn hacksaw to that bitch and make you a JDM custom short shifter and weld a knob to it i have seen it done yo lol

a friend had his stock shifter cut and re-welded and it works like a charm. that civic is his race car so it gets some beating.. and it been holding out some time now.

gonna get it done maybe next month if my dc shifter doesnt come in..
poly bushings with machined shifter rocks yo.

taking it to a machine shop to get it cut and rethreaded properly though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts