Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to reattach my shift boot? Its never been on since I got my car.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
there are4 screws that go on ur shift boot..... take ur console off... turn it over and look for the 4 places to screw in the bolts...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m sorry I should have been more specific I want to know how to put the shift boot to the shift knob.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well if you still have the stock plactic piece that the boot attaches to... like that plastic ring that goes around the actually shifter, then you can simply wrap tape or a rubber band or something around the shifter, below the plastic ring. To attempt to make that understandable: Take off the shift knob and boot. Then wrap tape or a rubber band or something around the shifter to act as a stopper for the shift boot, then put on the shift boot, and replace the shift knob. I hope that makes some sense.

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
DIY: Gearboot Stay (diagram)

Ok so maybe its a bit ghetto but its an invisible mod, and its not dangerous to be dodgy here.

If you have a standard gearboot, chances are, the plastic ring that restricts the gearboot from falling has long since cracked, and fallen off. So here is a way to stick the sucker up without having to go buy a whole new boot.

Without the ring on there, the boot still conforms to its origional shape as it was when the ring was there. Its not heavy (the boot) so there is no need to re inforce it, the folded down collar is enough to hold it up.

Find a coke bottle cap and drill it. Find the height you want the boot to sit at and drill the appropreate size. Slap on a coat of matt black so you cant see the red through the collar and whamo. you have a stay from nothing.

And heres a little diagram so you can see what im on about.

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah thats what i was thinking of. Good diagram!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts