Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd introduce myself..

My name is Matt, and I recently purchased an Austin Mini with a D15B VTEC conversion. I wish I could take credit for the build - but the previous owner and his son did most of the hard work before my acquiring the car. I've just been spending some time sorting out some of the loose ends and fixing some small issues since it arrived. Hoping to get it reliable and road worthy for a bit before auto crossing and maybe doing a few track days with it.

I'm very familiar with the Mini part of the car (I've owned and built several that were more original), but I'll likely have a lot of silly questions dealing with the Honda side of it, so please bear with the noob. :)

Here's a few pics of the wee beastie:

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
Excellent!

The front end stiffening looks better than some I've seen and the interior looks purposeful.

Oh, and no garage is complete without a red, rusty thing in the background ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, and no garage is complete without a red, rusty thing in the background ...
Ha! That's the rear end of another parts Mini in the background. The car was cut in half and that rear end is stood up vertically. What you're looking at is the rear subframe and suspension of a VERY rusty hulk of a car. Hoping to make some garage art out of that bit along with what is left of the front end of that car.

My original plan had been to hang some of the parts in my living room... but my wife got wind of the plan and put the kibosh on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts