Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well iv been n/a since the begining of winter i just took it off for the season cause in the spring im getting some new stuff and cleaning up the motor/ engine bay and i just went outside for a cig and for some reson went to look at my ic piping and on the inside of the ic piping on the tb side i saw a shit load of metal shavings and recently i found out my turbo had mass load shaft ply so i took off the cold side housing and saw that it was scratched BAD from this ...so could the shavings travel from the turbo through the ic piping /intercooler to the other side ? or is it just f-ed for another reson?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did u have a air filter on your turbo? if not something could have went through and killed your turbo
nonon i know the turbo is fucked but im just asking could those shavings travel fron the turbo to my piping on the trottle body side? ...and yea i had a screen over it

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
nonon i know the turbo is fucked but im just asking could those shavings travel fron the turbo to my piping on the trottle body side? ...and yea i had a screen over it
yes it is possible. its also possible that your engine enveloped some of them. hence why your not suppose to drive the car when the turbo starts to have shaft play.

as long as the car starts and sounds ok, when the charge pipe is off, you should be ok. i would do a compression check just to make sure it did not destroy one of the cylinders.

i hope this is a lesson learned, for the next time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts