Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I save lives
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are awesome!!!! (shaved stock flywheel, about 1.5 cm's shaved off, and ACT stage 2 clutch w/ pressure plate)

Its the most power I have felt out of everything I added to my car, shit pulls like crazy.

i HIGHLY recomend getting these 2, they are doing wounders for me

D

·
0 Posts
Do you know what the stock flywheel weighs ?

And how much weight it took off of the flywheel ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,702 Posts
Darrel said:
Do you know what the stock flywheel weighs ?

And how much weight it took off of the flywheel ?

Thanks.
The only problem with a shaved stock flywheel is if it is not cut properly you can mess up your motor! Just to be on the safe side I would go with a lightend flywheel from a company that makes them, not cuts them.

Oh an the stock flywheel weighs approx 14-15lbs stock.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i know the ex, y8 flywheel is about 17.5 lbs. i just weighed the one in my garage. i dont know if the dx/lx ones are different, but my cx flywheel was several lbs lighter, i think ~12 before i had it lightened. i didnt have a scale back when i installed it, so i dont know just how much was removed. but it was a noticable difference. and it has held up fine for almost 8 months now. it was done by the best machine shop in town, they made sure it was balanced and that the contact surface was intact. only cost $40 too. lightened fws work fine, but if you are making, or plan to make serious hp get an aftermarket fw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts