Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has some bent valves so im swapping from a z6 head to a mildly ported y8 head thats shaved 40k... my z6 head is shaved 40k already.. just the tensioner took a shit and the belt slippped so it bent some valves...

anybody know how much to advance/retard the cam gear for each 10k of the head being shaved??

thanks

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet thanks bone... i just got a 5 bolt aem cam gear for my n/a car i wanna make sure this thing runs perfect

·
Registered
873 Posts
Bone, i milled my head .025" and use a 2-layer headgasket (.025"??? from .037")..

Am i right to say that i reduced the whole height by a total .037"?

And should therefore ADVANCE my AEM camger by 3 lines to set cam timing to zero?

Now, should i decide to retard 1 degree when i start tuning, my camgear SHOULD be positioned at 2 LINES ADVANCED?

Sorry but do i get this whole thing right?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
Honestly, most cams like 3 degrees retard for mid to top end power, both of you should start at zero and tune from there.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly, most cams like 3 degrees retard for mid to top end power, both of you should start at zero and tune from there.
yea i think im gonna try that... i gotta replace my brand new timing belt... its stretched soo facken much its a half tooth advanced with the tensioner completely tight and the belt is still kinda loose... good low end.. nice tq... nothing for crap over 6500....

anyway lol getting the head shaved tomarrow prolly put it on in a couple days

thanks for more advice... i never messed with a cam gear before... never really had a point to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts