Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
it is just vinyl isnt it? if so just need a good heat gun, some towels, and some kind of te or gunk remover. Heat the strip and start to peel once started alot of them will come off pretty easy ten take the gunk remover stuff spray on towel and go over area where stripe was at to remove all the excess adhesive

B

·
0 Posts
if it is painted on us oven cleener or kerosene . if its painted on usually they clear coat over them and if so your s.o.l

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I just peeled mine off with my finger nails. just go slow and be careful. then used 3m adhesive remover to get the sticky glue off. I spent about two hours getting it all off. so have fun, go slow. and be careful unless you like your paint scrathed up.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
I think hes talking about the groove along the bodyline. If so, you have to tac in a strip of sheet metal and fill the rest. I have seen it on a few show cars and asked how and what they used. Maybe he is talking about pinstripes but when you refer to "shaving" something that usualy means making it a smooth surface. Such as shaving door handles, antennas, emblems etc.

·
Registered
132 Posts
thats what I thought to but he did say pinstripe and not molding so that is what I answered to. Yeah I know shaving is usually like door handles etc.

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bad peeps, i meant peel off, on molding or nothing like that, i just needed to know if you could just peel it off, but i got it know, thanks:)

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Ahh well for future reference they do make pinstripe erasers. Our detail dept has one and it works real good but if you arent carefull you can easily burn the paint. Its actualy a big rubber eraser that goes on a wheel.

·
Registered
675 Posts
damn hoe you could have asked me, i could have told you to get a heat gun, or you can do it with some thinner and fingernails but go easy on the thinner

·
Registered
a city truck
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sleepingrex said:
damn hoe you could have asked me, i could have told you to get a heat gun, or you can do it with some thinner and fingernails but go easy on the thinner
little ass pirate, what the hell are you talking about, thinner, please.........anyway, is your fagot ass back yet?

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
Bizzar said:
Ahh well for future reference they do make pinstripe erasers. Our detail dept has one and it works real good but if you arent carefull you can easily burn the paint. Its actualy a big rubber eraser that goes on a wheel.
3M makes a pinstripe removal wheel. I used this to remove my pinstripes and it worked like a charm. Mine were old, dry and cracked and kept breaking when I tried to pull them off. About 30mins with the wheel and a drill on a low speed setting and you are fine.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i work at a detailing shop and we took mine off with a clay bar, then buffed the area to blend any dis-coloration, looks great and came off in no time, pinstipe and sticky shit.

P

·
0 Posts
geta heat gun yo. but be careful u donk keep the heat in one spot the paint will bubble and chip.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts