Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read at least 74 threads on z6 vs. D15B cams and there seems to be no definitive proof on which is better. I did read that one thread where the guy ripped open like 9 different motors and found different cam profiles for the z6. He says the z6 cams with the "d" code are the more aggresive ones? but I couldn't find my z6 cam code in his list (D334).

Anyway, I just put a d15 cam in my z6 and was wondering what the valve lash should be? Or just go with stock specs? Or should I just put the damn z6 one back in there?

TIA.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I have always done .006/.008 in/ex. Never had a problem in the last almost 20 years

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,922 Posts
If you did that your timing is way off! They keyway on the D15B cam is 3 degrees off. You will need to use a y8 cam gear for correct mechanical timing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
3*? I thought that if I used a y8 in a z6 it would be 4.5* difference? I have an adj. cam gear. Do I need to advance it 3 or 4.5? It is advance, right?

Also, I just set my valve lash w/o any adv. or retard. Is 3 or 4.5* going to be enough for me to have to reset the valves?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.