Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a dumb question but here it goes anyways. I'm taking my car to get tuned next week and in my crusade to save money and time I wanted to have my boost solenoid setup prior to going. My plan is to have two maps made. One for 20 psi and the other for around 14 psi. So is there a safe way to setup then boost solenoid before hitting the dyno? I've dialed in my AFR's but my timing is only retarded 1 degree per psi.

Setup is
Hondata s300 v1
mac solenoid
Greddy 18G w/TurboSmart adjustable IWG

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
if you mean can i install it and still drive there? sure you can just set it to 100% or 0% duty cycle depending on how your solenoid works and it will be the same as being on wastegate. Dont get that backwards though.

if you mean can you set up the pressure vs duty cycle table before you get tuned then follow the help file https://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/index.html?boostcontrolparameters.htm but if you arent tuned enough to run on wastegate or more and youre just going for fine tuning then no you cannot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I meant pressure vs duty cycle. I'm taking it to TRC performance oon Saturday to get it dyno tuned so Im just gonna let them handle it. I'm going to install it and let them set it up. Super pumped to get it tuned by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts