Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question has been probably asked before but I believe I'm getting conflicting information.

When setting timing with an S300, hondata seems to say you need to bring up the timing window in the S300, then proceed to set your timing on the distributor with a timing light to match the number in the window of Smanager.

But then I read on this forum a gentlemen explaining it as you bring up your Smanager timing window and you align your distributor to 0 as your baseline and the hondata takes care of the rest?

I attached 2 pics of the seemingly conflicting instructions. So am I setting the timing to 0 on the distributor or 16 to match the Smanager window?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
on your "online" tab at the top theres a "Set Timing" function. if you have a z6/a6 pulley you could pick 14 16 or 18 then use your timing light to set to the corresponding mark. if you have a y8 you can pick 10 12 or 14. or if you have a damper with marks pick whatever you want within reason. Just aim for whatever mark you set the "set timing" to. Easy as that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts