Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are no degree marks on the crankshaft pulley....there are only 4 markings and none of which specify anything. i need some help as how to set the timing using those marks. the chiltons manual does a piss poor job explaining it, so can someone please help me out. asap would be best because it is the onlyt thing stoping me from driving my car home tonight after the rebuild.

thanks

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
are you going to set your timing for your dizzy or are you going to match it up with your cam? On your crank gear there is a mark on there that will show you where TDC is and same with your cam. If you have those setup then when you put your dizzy in it will be almost set right too. The dizzy will only plug into the cam one way. If you want to set your timing with your dizzy then you will want to use a timing light to do that.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dissy timing has alreagy been set using a timing light. i was just needing a step by step for the base timing using the marks on the crank pulley

thanks

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/timing/timing.php

the white mark is 0BTDC
the other three marks are 14, 16, 18 BTDC

Set it to stock, 16, the middle of the three marks. The only way to truly control timing is by changing the spark advance table in your ecu.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
the red line inbetween the other two is 12 deg advanced i believe. the wht line alone, is 0 deg, tdc.
the red mark inbetween is 16BTDC

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts