Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should i set the timing to?

d15b7/y8 head. y8 cam gear, I/H/E.

In all the mini-me write ups, it never tells you what to set it to, im sure the bump in compression, etc, changes the timing. So what should i set it to? Or whats a good start?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh, sort of. My old dizzy just took a shit on me. So i had to get a new one. Now its pinging like a bitch if i get on it at all.

Tunes are expensive=( lol

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
once i got the cam timing dialed in then i just set my ign to 16* btdc witha timing light and i dont ping at all. and with the y8 head on the 15 block and still using the y8 gear your cam timing is probably off

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,014 Posts
isnt it y8 head with y7 cam gear?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
What should i set the timing to?

d15b7/y8 head. y8 cam gear, I/H/E.

In all the mini-me write ups, it never tells you what to set it to, im sure the bump in compression, etc, changes the timing. So what should i set it to? Or whats a good start?
Use 88-95 cam gear, set timing to stock 16 BTDC.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
the 16* btdc is for ignition timing and the y8 gear being 4.75* off is mechanical timing the mechanical timing needs to be right on to start with then adjustments made on a dyno to optain max performance in the desired rpm range. remember that every time a cam timing adjustment is made you need to reset ignition timing

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 16* btdc is for ignition timing and the y8 gear being 4.75* off is mechanical timing the mechanical timing needs to be right on to start with then adjustments made on a dyno to optain max performance in the desired rpm range. remember that every time a cam timing adjustment is made you need to reset ignition timing

:3dtard:I knew that. I fail. lol.

Ill prolly set it to 16 btdc, see how it reacts. if its ok, ill leave it there. If not, adjust from there. This motors only gonna be in for 6 more months, maybe...no point in chipping it, wasting money on getting a tune, etc, etc.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
ive been running a b7/z6 with stock p28 for awhile and it has no detination it runs a touch rich but thats ok. after i got the cam timing set i set the ign and it runs great. but as transex said you need a 88-95 oem gear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts