1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 89 dx hatch
Swap: d16a block/z6 head
Current mods: intake and exhaust

I have a chipped p28 with an sst chip with who knows what maps on it. I'm going to order a basemap for my setup and dyno tune when I go turbo. With stock rod bolts, head bolts, head gasket, what should I have the Rev limit set at?
Vtec engagement?
Shift light?
Launch control?
Any recommendations are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
92dx-turbo 92cx-pimp
89 Posts
nobody will know what your chip is set to or equipped with without software and hardware. unless you have a chip reader and all the essentials to know what to do you should just take it to a buddy or a tuner and ask them to find out for you. i do all my own chips but ive got 2 years experience into it and have the tools to start at the wiki logs of

start reading here pgmfi.org ? View topic - Tuning

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nobody will know what your chip is set to or equipped with without software and hardware. unless you have a chip reader and all the essentials to know what to do you should just take it to a buddy or a tuner and ask them to find out for you. i do all my own chips but ive got 2 years experience into it and have the tools to start at the wiki logs of

start reading here pgmfi.org ? View topic - Tuning
I didn't think it really needed to be tuned for a stock mini me setup. I wasn't planning on reusing this sst chip. I was just going to order a new one with a basemap from phaerable or somewhere.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
what are the stock settings? bam, there you go.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if that is the case, wouldn't I just use all stock z6 fuel maps even though it is a d16a block? I believe the pistons are the same in the d16a and the z6
If so, that makes it much simpler. I can just have someone set my chip to the z6 maps rather than order a new one.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,308 Posts
or......and this is a crazy idea.......use a p28?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
or......and this is a crazy idea.......use a p28?
Whoa that is a very crazy idea!
No, but I do have a p28 but it is chipped. Not knowing much about tuning I wasn't sure if I could just remove the chip and it would return to stock or if it had to be remapped back to stock

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
If you already have a socketed p28, put a stock p28 map on a chip. Set 2-step to w/e you want. Set shift light to w/e you want. Done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.