1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys
I have a eg4 1993 edm with d15b2
I did recently a mpfi swap from a d16a6/z2 obd0 using pm6 ecu
Everything is working no cel codes, but i want to set my timing and if i connect a paper clip/wire in the 2 pin the engine check light dose not stay on

If someone can help me with my problem will be much appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
since the car is obd0 and convert to mpfi obdo the wiring is the same, i ground th b20 pin but stil nothing, the car runs grate just want to advance the timing a little bit, the ecu is fine i think because when i did the conversion my old ecu had the baro sensor inside but the pm6 has an external baro sensor and the check engine light came on, the led was flashing, i connected the baro sensor and the light was gone.....is the connector for the service jumper different from eg obd0 then crx? if the b20 direct to the ground is not working can i try something else?
tks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
edm civic eg4 came with d15b2 dpfi obd0 , i changed to mpfi but still on obd0 from crx, I know which is the connector but still not working, any ideas?

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
First
Does the cel come on when you turn the key?
Should come on and then go off.

If not your bulb is out.

Next grounding the correct ecu pin to a good known ground.
If this doesnt work then something might be wrong with the ecu itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes the cel comes on, everything is working fine, if i disconnect a sensor the cel comes on, i groundet de b20 pin but nothing

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
When I jump mine I found two connectors with two pins, one had a bron and black, thats the one you want.

Second, when I jump mine the CEL comes on, then flashes, while my car is running, as in when I set timing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
again the car runs great, i checked the wires again, everything on the ecu plugs are good, i grounded the brown b20 wire and every ground wire from the ecu and still nothing, only option is to check with another ecu :(
ps: again the edm wires are different from the us

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
checked the doner harness, the plug is connected to the b20 and c12, pin them together and still nothing, so the ecu may be at fault

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.