Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have the money and its final time to do my auto to manual swap after a year and i was wonder since im gunna get the tranny from hmo should i just get the d15b also or should i rebuild my z6 iv been doing alot of seraching really couldnt get anything but with a z6 with 100,000 what would be the best thing to rebuild it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had a 1.5

I had a 1.5l cx I upgraded to a vtec 1.6 si engine with the cx man trany. I couldn't be happier. Nice pick up. Nice passing uphill even in 5th gear. Nice gas mileage still. I think you'll like the difference. If you are building it yourself you can go with the 1.6 vtec with the JDM pistons and go for the high compression too. Just a thought. Mat

·
Registered
643 Posts
5thgencivickid said:
ok i have the money and its final time to do my auto to manual swap after a year and i was wonder since im gunna get the tranny from hmo should i just get the d15b also or should i rebuild my z6 iv been doing alot of seraching really couldnt get anything but with a z6 with 100,000 what would be the best thing to rebuild it?
Just get the D15B and enjoy driving again vs. the downtime u would face waiting for the build to be completed.

Is there even anything wrong with the Z6 other than having some miles on it????
If no, then pass on the swap and be happy with the 5spd conversion

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
seriously, the d15b is great, but it's more of an option for those who want vtec and don't have it already (and don't want a minime).

if you already have a z6, there are some differences, but you have pretty much equal potential. If it needs a rebuild, then get the d15b. I had a d15b7 and honestly, I was even happy with that until it started to burn a lot of oil. Instead of downtime, I just swapped the engine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here is another question. If you compare the heads of the two engines, what are the differences besides the cam? I know the bore and the valve spacing is the same, but are the intake runners like the z6 or the y8 on that crazy jdm engine.

Trying to decide if I want to toss this d15b head and pick up a z6 or not.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
the intake looks like the z6 from the outside.

No one knows how different the cam is yet... i think we all agree that it is different though. People think it's a little more aggressive on the vtec side. I can really hear it engage in my car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, looks like I will just stay with this then, and make my mini-me with it. I wish I could get a z6 head to compare it directly with and take some mesurement readings on.

So. . . . Anyone want to buy a d15b cam? I have no use for it if I run with this head. ;p

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
hey, keep it and see how it performs in a z6 head... or better yet, when you get your z6 head, make some measurements or a comparison side-by-side. Maybe you can tell us if the lobes are actually bigger or wider or whatever.

·
Registered
51 Posts
No no no, I have a a6. Was going to do the mini-me thing with it. Thought I was buying a z6, but it turned out it was a d15b. Already have crower stage 2 turbo cam and such for the head. I don't care about anything that is on the head, other then if the runners are the same, and the seperation is about equal in the ports.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
oh, well put it in the forsale section when you get more posts... someone will buy it I'm sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts