Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track night in America is coming again to The Ridge Motorsport Park and the b16a ef hatch needs some ppl to play with that aren't miatas and mr2s!

Come out September 13th and lap in paced sessions for free or pay to play w 150 dollar novice open track sessions! All you need is a helmet and a valid state drivers license.

C'mon PNW Hondas, represent!

Lap your shit! Lapping a car makes it like at least 20% cooler.

And who can't afford free? Or even 150 bucks for a REAL track day. Thank you SCCA! Freakin deals man...

See y'all round the track!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey another PNW race season is here and there will be a whole slew of 150 track days at both pacific and the ridge. I hope to see more interest this season

·
Registered
337 Posts
That seems like reasonable value.

I tend to use the Nurburgring as my comparator. $150 is about 5 Ring laps, so if you can get in more than 22 times round the Ridge, you'll be ahead of the game.

(And you have a curve called the Carousel!)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude, the b series Integra guys were out in force at pro formance sport driving school getting their track day credentials this weekend! I'll be happy to see more honda stuff out there regardless of what's under the hood.

What's super reasonable is that you DON'T need a sport or competition license for the 150$ scca track night in America events. Just a valid regular old license so like 80% of us at least gotta qualify!

"Race" school 350-600$ or
BMW school 80$ then 300-500 for track time and instructors or
Come to scca event, get instruction and sessions for 150$

BMW school only works for BMW club events too, so even though it's cheaper initially, it's limited and instruction comes at a steep price.

For someone thatdoesnt know if they want to drop a grand getting serious about track days, scca is the best way to get track time... and the only way to just decide you want to do it last minute. You just show up. No registration required

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There's an event at the ridge April 12th

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1991387-track-night-2018-seattle-southwest-april-12

Events from savannah ga to monterrey going every day nearly....

It's race season!

Also, using anything GERMAN as your comparison seems a little unfair to me. Sport driving is in their culture. In all compared to similar track time with American or canadian clubs, it's about half price and it includes instruction.

Track days in England are crazy cheap. They prefer a volume model at tracks there, and interest is huuuge. American tracks/clubs should learn, and it looks like one of them already has

1 - 5 of 5 Posts