Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to take apart my ZC transmission to install a Si/EX final drive; but I can't figure out how to seperate the transmission halves. On this: http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread....te+transmission it has a place where he's able to pry it apart; but my ZC doesn't have that. I can't stick a screwdriver in between the halves because of the sealant. Any know how to do this without causing damage?

Thanks

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
88-91 doesn't have any pry points :)

NEVER EVER stick a screwdriver between the case halves to pry apart, it WILL leak.

LIGHT tapping on the tabs will seperate the cases.

PS: USE Hondabond when resealing 88-91 cases, if you use Permatex UltraGrey, you might not get it back apart!

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bone, I'll try that. I figured sticking a screwdriver inbetween them might cause a leak; I had gave up on that right when I found out the screwdriver tip was too wide to be able to slide inbetween there without causing possible damage.

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
Honda4VW said:
I hope you are only applying this to 88-91 cases

Cause the last trannies I worked on, I pryed open between the halves, and neither leaked!
transzex said:
88-91 doesn't have any pry points :) NEVER EVER stick a screwdriver between the case halves to pry apart, it WILL leak.
Better?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts