Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to begin the y8 mani swap on the z6 this morning and I noticed there are 2 sensors on the back of the z6 mani that aren't on the y8. what do I do with these? Also there is a evac (purge vaccum) on the y8 mani and there isn't one on the z6. do I just plug that hole up on the y8?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The top vacuum port on the front is for the PCV valve (positive crankcase ventilation) which may not be on the Z6. It isn't all that importian anyways. When I did the swap on my Y7 I forgot to plug it in and can't now because it goes under the manifold and I can't reach it. Its no biggy, my car runs fine with out it pluged in. All it does is supply fresh air in to the crank case because some time gas fumes will get in there and I guess that is bad but I am not sure why.

As far as the sensors the Y8 has the IAC valve on the IM (except auto IM's) and not on the TB like the Y7's and maybe the Z6 has the same TB as the Y7's. If you do have as IAC on your TB just plug the port on the IM. In the second pic i am not sure what you are pointing, my be the cruise control? If your car doesn't have curise just take a small piece of hose put a screw in it and plug it in the port to prevent a vacuum leak.

I don't know a lot about the Z6 but do know some about Y8's and Y7's so I could be wrong about some of this stuff. I hope this helped you out some.

Also this site may help you out some http://www.makuragi.s5.com/civic_99/Y8maniswap/
Its for a Y7 with a Y8 IM swap but it should be simular to the Z6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I've found a spot for the the black one on the top of the z6 mani. I'm thinking I can put the vaccum hose on the cruise cont. vaccum port in the pic. I'm just going to plug the EVAC port. I still don't know what to do with that white sensor under that black sensor. If anyone knows please letr me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.