Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if this is in the right forum, but my car is FI. my car will be up for sale in a couple months. i was wondering would it be a better idea to sell my car with the turbo on? or should i remove the turbo and sell it as a kit? just trying to get back as much money as i can. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think you should send the car to me, let me take a look. and then I will send the car back to you with a nice weight reduction aka give me the turbo kit!

On a serious note; part out the car. I am having a bitch of a time trying to sell my modified cavalier right now.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
oscarmayer said:
No, it;s the wrong forum

MOD, please move this to forsale section??
Well...he is not technically selling it on here. Yet!

Poster....I find unless you are in the right market, its hard to get good market value for a Modified car. The only way it will happen is if you are willing to wait (and it could be an extended period of time) for the buyer to come along at the price you want.

With the price of WRX's and the like being reasonable (especially used). People will be buying turbo civics less and less. Another factor being reliability. Factory turbo cars have documented support for fixing their cars. If someone buys your car, how are they going to know what needs to be done?

V

·
0 Posts
yeah thats 1/2 the price for twice the rice! but they are right about it being harder to sell a modded car, BUT in the end if you wait you can usually get whatever you want for it (suggesting that it has good miles, and is clean) i find that cars with visual mods sell alot better than ones with performance mods, and usually they sell faster and for more money than ones with performance mods. I beleive the reasoning behind this is that people get more excited about how the car looks, where-as they think twice about modded cars, b/c they might have problems caused by the mods and what not. at least thats what I have personally always thought. so in short, sell the turbo kit, buy a nice lookin lip or body kit, have it painted and throw in an intake, and fake racing seats and you'll be good to sell 'er for 3k more than what it cost you!

·
0 Posts
On a serious note; part out the car. I am having a bitch of a time trying to sell my modified cavalier right now.

yeah no disprespect to you myfriend but its a cavalier ... with the cobalt out its got comp.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
91Bhatch said:
yeah no disprespect to you myfriend but its a cavalier ... with the cobalt out its got comp.

what would be a good selling price for a green 95 civic ex 132k miles on body with jdm d15b swaped in 2 months ago, with greddy 15g kit 10psi tuned on crome pro. car has 2" drop with stock shocks (still good) 450cc stealthmode injectors, cca fmic, jim fab motor mounts and few other stuff. think i can really get $6000 for it? if i where to sell the car without the turbo i'd probably sell it for $2800-$3000. does that seem fair priced?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Honda4VW said:
Yes...I know :)

Stock turbo 1.8T APR Tuned ecu..100 Octane from 70+
GTI kept up as long as they went at it.

what does this have to do with my thread?

·
Registered
836 Posts
nothing...absolutely nothing...

But...you're going to have a tough time selling it... One of the worst things about a modded car - when it comes time to sell - is that it's based on your particular style. Everyone is different, and the smallest things (even if they're replacable for a few dollars) may mean the difference between someone buying it or not.

I think the best thing to do, if possible, would be to take the car as close to stock as you can, especially the interior, if possible. Take off graphics (pinstriping is ok), keep window tint, wheels, tires and exhaust. Take off the turbo and put on a shiny header and ebay intake. Go through and detail everything...under the hood, inside, wheels, suspension...make it look brand new...no dirt, road grime, nothing... Then, part out all of your turbo stuff on a site like this where people actually want the stuff and you'll get a decent return on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts