Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just want a little input on the a question I have. Should I sell the JRSC from my d16y8 motor to fund a turbo project or keep the JRSC?

Going to be doing a D16Y8 Turbo build to the same motor that the JRSC was on.

The JRSC has the 4 inch pully and the harmonic balancer has aftermarket I think... The crank pully is pretty big I would say about 8 to 9 inches. I think its boosting around 9 psi. I have to get a gauge to determine the right amount of boost. I seen this type of kit sell for over a grand. That would be a starts to a very nice turbo project.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Yes, you should.
There is only one thing that supercharger can do better than a properly sized turbo, and its not even important enough for me to bother explaining.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car is going to be a drive it when i feel like it car like a sunday car I have two already my other one is my DD. I would like to get up to 250 - 280. The car is a 2000 ex with 70,000 on body and motor.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
dirty bay.

And imo turbo is better then sc also you get a blow off valve :D

but yea get a boost gauge asap it should of been one of the first things you got.
And with a turbo you can up the boost pretty easy vs the sc where you gotta change pulls and stuff.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
I think you should sell your kit for $700 (which is a realistic price unless you're listing on ebay and selling to bunch of idiots) unless you have the rare JRSC upgraded boost pulley and ALL the accessories for your kit (at which point $1000 would be a fair price).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts