Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
if you are in a dry place, deffinetly the cai

·
Registered
91 civic hb
88 Posts
just put a filter cone perferably k and n on the intake with a very short piece of pipe it wont have any problems and the air travels into the motor quicker

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
i have yet to suck water up. keep your fender liners in and unless you drive into a lake your not gonna suck water up. Ive had plenty of water deep enough to fly onto the toof of the car and not one issue with sucking up water, and this is in 3 differnet cars.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
its all in the filter. a tuned length is your best bet ,buy some tubing and take the money you were gonna waste on a name brand sticker and buy the dyno for a while and do some tests

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
its all in the filter. a tuned length is your best bet ,buy some tubing and take the money you were gonna waste on a name brand sticker and buy the dyno for a while and do some tests
x2 my roommate bought an ebay intercooler piping kit (with tubing, clamps, and couplers) and used an old HKS filter to build his own CAI. Less than an AEM unit (not including the HKS filter) and totally "customizable"

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
i have yet to suck water up. keep your fender liners in and unless you drive into a lake your not gonna suck water up. Ive had plenty of water deep enough to fly onto the toof of the car and not one issue with sucking up water, and this is in 3 differnet cars.
I've hyrdo locked my Accord before. There are certain precautions you can take that will stray away from a blown motor. As soon as the water gets sucked up the motor dies (water isn't compressable). Do not! try to re start it and push it to a safe spot. Take out all the spark plugs and turn the motor over till all the water is out, then a couple oil changes and your golden:bigok:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts