Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been searching to see how one should hook up their secondary injectors (8 injectors) on a civic d16 turbo setup. I currently have 550cc's and I know they will not be enough for my 450whp d16 build. I wanna know how I can go by wiring secondary injectors, cuz I have 460cc's in my garage laying around. I have tried to search but cannot find anything clear.

Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
man just go buy 750's or 1000cc injectors. 8 injectors is a hassle and more things to potentially go wrong or break. not to mention how you going to control it?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Why stop at 8 injectors? Fuck it buy 12 190cc injectors and run it that way. While you're at it remote mount the turbo, put your boost gauge in the headliner, and weld your mani, turbo, and all your charge pipes together so it's all one piece.

Reactions: SOHCitTOem

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
lol snag an edelbrock setup off someone thats ditching it so they dont have to run secondary injectors... and then figure out which ems is capable of utilizing them

·
Registered
218 Posts
lol snag an edelbrock setup off someone thats ditching it so they dont have to run secondary injectors... and then figure out which ems is capable of utilizing them
It would still be cheaper after buying all that crap to just bigger injectors.

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ayt thanks guy!! for all comments!!! how much power do you think I can achieve on a built y8 with a .50 t3/t4 turbo and 550 cc injectors???

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
You can use a Injector controler unit to control the extra 4 injectors or you can use 4 relays to use the original injector pulses to run the extra 4
:werd:

If using the original signal you can set up a simple relay to turn the injectors on/off using some simple ECU program or VTEC signal. IMO, since your boosted, the auxiliary injector controller may be the best route.

BTW, wasn't Inh selling his Edelbrock manifold with RDX injectors already installed?

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
You can use a Injector controler unit to control the extra 4 injectors or you can use 4 relays to use the original injector pulses to run the extra 4
i dont think a standard relay would keep up or last verry long being pulsed that fast

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
i dont think a standard relay would keep up or last verry long being pulsed that fast
The relays do not control the pulses; nor are they exposed to it.

Injectors are fired by closing the circuit via completing the ground. Power is constantly on. What the relays would do is just connect or disconnect the power source for the injectors.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
The relays do not control the pulses; nor are they exposed to it.

Injectors are fired by closing the circuit via completing the ground. Power is constantly on. What the relays would do is just connect or disconnect the power source for the injectors.
so basically have 2 injectors wired in parallel and switch the main power to the secondary's on when needed?

i could see how that may work. id be concerned with a few things tho

1 - 15 of 15 Posts