Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is the deal i have a standard 89 civic hatch, i got some 93 cx civic seats for free, is there any way to swap the rails out, or do i have to drill new holes, and put new bolts in ?? because i know the rails on the CX seats are rivited on, any suggestions would help since i know you all are pros with ths stuff

Thanks Memebers

·
Registered
92 hatchback
1,517 Posts
i believe only like 2 holes will line up to put bolts in so your going to have to make custom brackets because all the holes wont line up. dont drill new holes in your car either.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
ur best bet is to swap the seat pan out of ur car for the 5th gen one. its up to you on how bad you want those seats in ur car.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
You can drill the spot welds and rivits to get the rails off. Thats how I got my aftermarket seats in using the stock rails. Now I won't say its easy haha!

·
Registered
1988 Civic DX
500 Posts
take 4 peices of flat bar, weld them into a box shape big enought to cover all the mounts... drill for the mounts and bolt it up to the bottom of the seat... then weld the flat bar box ontop of the seat rails.... thats how i got 83 supra seats in my ef lol

p.s. bizzar's idea works even better for a more stock look... but about the same amount of work either way you go, just easier to make a box then weld it onto the rails IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts