Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

Im new to d-series here, been trolling quite a bit on the build threads etc etc...but definantly not new to forum life or the sohc.

I have an EG civic cx Im building, and boosting. Everything so far is going smooth, but the hardest time im having is locating a "tuner" close enough to my area. I live in Central Iowa, and ive googled the SH*T out of every possible idea i have of locating a tuner nearby with no luck.

There is a place i found in Illinois that a friend got his boosted y8 tuned at called the whip factory, ive tried contacting them but cant get any responses.

Im not against the idea of traveling for a good tune, but I dont want to go too far if i can avoid it, being as im not made of cash either lol.

Anyways does anyone know of any good shops to go to in general area/nearby Iowa? any and all help would be appreciated.:bigok:

and if there is something on the site with this already, sorry....I did search!!!!

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Did you know there is a tuner very close to you? You probably know them pretty well. Its your self! haha. I say try and figure it out yourself, you'll save a grip of money and its a good way to learn better how the engine works. To answer your question though...I don't sorry haha.

·
Registered
516 Posts
hello everyone,

Im new to d-series here, been trolling quite a bit on the build threads etc etc...but definantly not new to forum life or the sohc.

I have an EG civic cx Im building, and boosting. Everything so far is going smooth, but the hardest time im having is locating a "tuner" close enough to my area. I live in Central Iowa, and ive googled the SH*T out of every possible idea i have of locating a tuner nearby with no luck.

There is a place i found in Illinois that a friend got his boosted y8 tuned at called the whip factory, ive tried contacting them but cant get any responses.

Im not against the idea of traveling for a good tune, but I dont want to go too far if i can avoid it, being as im not made of cash either lol.

Anyways does anyone know of any good shops to go to in general area/nearby Iowa? any and all help would be appreciated.:bigok:

and if there is something on the site with this already, sorry....I did search!!!!

If you were willing to travel to Illinois, my friends run a shop called Suja1 Motoring in Carol Stream. They tune eCtune, Hondata, and most other forms of engine management.

Give them a call 630-407-0711

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you were willing to travel to Illinois, my friends run a shop called Suja1 Motoring in Carol Stream. They tune eCtune, Hondata, and most other forms of engine management.

Give them a call 630-407-0711
Thanks man! I might look into them, I found a shop in KS thats only 3 hrs aways, so might check them first. But Ill definantly check em out man, thanks!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I also forgot to add that Jason, the main tuner, is EFI101 and EFIAdvanced Certified and they have an in-house Dyno-Dynamics Dynamometer.

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also forgot to add that Jason, the main tuner, is EFI101 and EFIAdvanced Certified and they have an in-house Dyno-Dynamics Dynamometer.
Actually is kind of enticing....thanks for the info again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts