Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm about to pick up a jrsc for my car. Its the y8 kit. It's going on a y7, can I bolt it to the y8 or will I need to do a y8 head swap for it to fit ?
Also my car is a 97 del sol s that sees up to 1,000 miles a week. what are the troubles that i'm going to run into as far as reliability is concerned ? On stock boost will the kit last without headaches ?
Also how much can I expect to pay if it needs to be rebuilt ?

Well anyhelp would be great.
Note. It's just a dd not looking for huge hp gains just a little extra. I will have a k20a2 or a b18c next year around this time, if I don't sell the car to buy my s2k

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
no...it'll bolt up to the y7 head,
troubles mainly will be a gas milage drop.

also,I'm pretty sure the kit will last with no problem,
get some good managment while your at it & it'll last even longer,

& no need to rebuild ever!...if you plan on swapping later on,
a d-series engine is fairly cheap at any junkyard or website...

goodluck

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is something i wanted to hear because almost all people that I know in this forums and outside here keep saying that a turbo kit will be more reliable. But in my area theft is really bad and a sc is somewhat harder to spot.
I do have a spare y8 head and my s200 but I was wondering if the kit doesn't need to be tuned on stock boost out of the box.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey bone who can tune around you ? dave still around ? all the shops around here are closed now. Also how busy ryan is theses days, I might want to have a y8 head ported and polished before dropping the jrsc on the sol or swapping heads with the sol that tim helped me build.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
Dave got a dynopak, everyone is bust getting ready for D series shootout next weekend @ National Trails in Columbus, part of Import Showoff.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i am also lookin to sc my stock zc and was wonderin wat all was needed with stock pulley?....just larger injectors (wat size)? and a tune?

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
the bare minimum that id go when boosting a motor would be dsm 390 injectors. 450cc injectors are hardly overkill for boost. it doesnt matter if youre using a turbo or a sc, either option is still shoving more air into your motor than it was designed for.youre going to have to increase your fuel delivery with either option. and like i said the dsm injectors are about as cheap and abundant as they get. if you think the 450 cc injectors are "overkill" then try a 390.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts