Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ummmmm
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this afternoon i noticed my vacuum was sitting around 4-5psi, an when i boost it only goes up to like 3-4 on the boost portion of the gauge; however, it still feels like its boostin 9psi... also note, sometimes when at an idle my car will drop to a terribly low idle an almost sound like its gonna bog out, but hesitantly stays on... once i give it a little gas the rpms climb back up no problem but not sure what this issue could be an if one thing is making the other go bad... im using golden eagle vacuum manifold that i substituted the brake booster line for an put my brake booster line into where my PCV valve was.... been fine for 7 months til this issue..??

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
sounds like the difibulating gonkulator is acting up.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
had the same problem a while back...turns out the hard white plastic line for my boost gauge had a cut in it. So it idled like shit, read really low on the boost gauge, and still ripped hard. take a look

·
Registered
ummmmm
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i preciate it dude.. ima go check it out now.. i was messin with my guage pod so maybe i crimped it on accident... hopefully thats all it is...

·
Registered
ummmmm
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup that was my problem... i routed mine through the center of the back firewall through the back of my dash an my brake pedal arm pushed the nylon line an crimped it... i stretched it out an ziptied it off so it has tension on the line now instead of like 2 circles of extra line, seemed to fix the problem.. thanks for the double check tip, i was thinkin bad gauge but see what i get for thinkin outside the box lol...

·
Registered
ummmmm
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
an would rubber hose work since its diameter is probably gonna have to be bigger..?? same reading would be outcome right..?? i heard cuz the nylon lines dont flex they're better for boost gauges but maybe someone could verify otherwise..

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
an would rubber hose work since its diameter is probably gonna have to be bigger..?? same reading would be outcome right..?? i heard cuz the nylon lines dont flex they're better for boost gauges but maybe someone could verify otherwise..
i think it really depends on how you run the line. i had to run mine through all sorts of twists and turns, so the rubber line worked perfectly.

·
Registered
ummmmm
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i ran mine through center of rear firewall, behind pedals, up through turn signal side of dash an up the pillar... so only like 2 really hard turns... i thought maybe heating the line would make it more straight but i dont wanna heat a hole in it... what fitting would i need to have to use rubber hose..??

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
well i ran mine through center of rear firewall, behind pedals, up through turn signal side of dash an up the pillar... so only like 2 really hard turns... i thought maybe heating the line would make it more straight but i dont wanna heat a hole in it... what fitting would i need to have to use rubber hose..??
i squeezed my rubber line on the end of the fitting then used a zip tie. it held up just fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts