Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I am about to start a new project on my Honda Civic EJ2. The goal is to be a nice firm street car not including any type of Roll Cage.

Currently it will include,

* 3 Point Front Brace
* 2 Point Rear Brace
* ITR F & Rear Sway Bars (with ASR subframe brace)

As i will be stripping down the entire care back to the foundation there will be the chance to go to a few places with a welder for some stitch welding.

In Regards to the Honda Civic - Is there anywhere specific that benefits the most for stitch welding ? or pretty much anywhere there is a spot welded sheet metal?

Also any advice on other effective bracing units Or techniques

Cheers guys look forward to your response

Lyle

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Subframe connectors, from the front firewall to the RTA mounts. It also makes for a really awesome jacking point along the whole underside of the car. This would be faster and a lot more effective than seam welding the entire bottom of the car.

I can recommend seam welding front rear subframe (the one with the steering rack bolted in) and if you want to make sure it feels even better, use some expanding collars on the mounting points to the chassis. They lock the subframe in place a whole like better than letting them free float on the bolts.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I tried image searching "expanding collars for bolts", didn't find anything that seemed like what you are recommending.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
bottom of the front A arms of the "frame" / bottom of radiator support

weld a couple of bars out back to tie the rear corners to the rear strut towers

skip strut bar up front and weld a couple pieces of steel tube to connect the tower to the firewall, re-enforce firewall with a couple "ribs"

weld or bolt on some fender braces

that should take care of a lot of weakness. remember, most of teh weakness was there to allow the car to crumple in an accident.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts