Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
95 Del Sol S
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

I'm new to the forum (actually found this place on 8thcivic.com) but here's my dilemma. I have a '95 del sol s (totally stock with the exception of a sound system) with about 146xxx miles on the ticker. I seafoamed it through the brake booster line, and there was a huge cloud of smoke, and after idling for a little while, it died and won't start up again.

I've tried replacing the spark plugs, jumping the car, used "starting fluid" and sprayed it in through the intake and the spark plugs. All of this with no luck. So I turn to you guys for help.

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Did you let it turn over and burn off all of the foam?! You are supposed to keep the rpm's raised so it doesn't die. I used to do this shit at the v (valvoline) all the time. My favorite thing to do actually haha. There will be tons of smoke (depeding on miles/how dirty the motor is), but no matter what you will see smoke. GL man :td: Did you hook up the vacuum lines?

·
Registered
95 Del Sol S
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you let it turn over and burn off all of the foam?! You are supposed to keep the rpm's raised so it doesn't die. I used to do this shit at the v (valvoline) all the time. My favorite thing to do actually haha. There will be tons of smoke (depeding on miles/how dirty the motor is), but no matter what you will see smoke. GL man :td: Did you hook up the vacuum lines?
well, I kept the rpms raised, but for some strange reason, I got out the car for something, and it accidentally died. So I've been on a trek to get it up and running again.

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
engine cleaner if you do it right you get lots of smoke and a clean combustion chamber.......just did it last month and my car runs like a champ!

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
engine cleaner if you do it right you get lots of smoke and a clean combustion chamber.......just did it last month and my car runs like a champ!
Yeah, I really need to get on the ball and do this. I just don't want to do it in my neighborhood and piss people off with smoke lol. What did you diconnect and re connect? I don't see how your car wont turn back on because all you did is seafoam.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i used the vacuum line running from my brake booster to the back of my manifold

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
hmmm check i would check your ignition system starting at the plugs then wires then cap and rotor.......GL!!!

·
Registered
95 Del Sol S
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From what I heard it does great (if your car doesn't die and not want to start up again, like my car) But are there any other suggestions that I may try to bring my car back to life?

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
Sorry, it is turning, but it doesn't start. my bad guys.
Ok, can you hear the fuel pump turn on? Check to see if your getting a spark (stick a screw driving in plug wire, have buddy crank the engine and watch for arking from the screwdriver).

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
well if its cranking but not firing. Fuel, Air, Spark, and Compression. id take out the spark plugs and crank it over and see what comes out. just like when you flood the motor. maybe thats the problem. maybe it fouled the plugs, not sure

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
well if its cranking but not firing. Fuel, Air, Spark, and Compression. id take out the spark plugs and crank it over and see what comes out. just like when you flood the motor. maybe thats the problem. maybe it fouled the plugs, not sure
He said he changed the plugs, ^but thats a good idea. I bet when you let the motor die it sucked to much foam and couldn't burn it. Thats why I suggest just turning it over and trying to let it all burn out.

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
oh haha my bad i must of missed he did that. haha :wacko: thats me today, already had 3 classes lol

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
oh haha my bad i must of missed he did that. haha :wacko: thats me today, already had 3 classes lol
Haha its all good, I wasn't flamin or anything. :td: Its to easy to skim over what your reading...I do it all the time:pinch: lol.

·
Registered
95 Del Sol S
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All great ideas, but of course I failed to mention that I have taken the plugs out, and tried cranking the engine to "burn it out" in the spark plug chambers. I would have replied a little faster, but I had to drive home from work, and traffic was horrid.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts