Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was putting my head on and I had a buddy that was helping me, and he slipped a little a scraped the head on the dowel pins, which also look a little rough. I can feel the scratches with my finger and my fingernail, but because the scratches aren’t too close to anything, is there a chance that it’s still okay? I don’t really want to go get it resurfaced but if it needs to be done I’ll do it.
Thanks!

·
Formerly weebeastie
962 Posts
Copper spray on the head gasket and let it fly if you can't feel it with your fingernails. If you can catch it on with your nails then it will have to be surfaced.

·
Formerly weebeastie
962 Posts
And please, don't hit that with sandpaper. IT will then have a low spot in the surface. An intake or something else, sure, but not a head mating surface, unless it was on a full belt that is designed for surfacing heads. Do not spot sand a head surface.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,866 Posts
Use a flat honing stone or fine file with no haldel layed flat, take the highs off. Although im willing to be it would be fine aluminum is soft, and or the head gasket will soak up the highs

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
357 Posts
I've seen worse that turned out OK.

On the other hand, if you want it gleaming, use emery and not sandpaper. And go lightly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts