Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Guys,I just need some input on what would be most cost effective for new setup..I wanna know if it would be better to have a custom pistons made for FJT rods from Weisco or just go with STD Eagles and Weisco off shelve pistons..any input would be greatly appreciated..thx guys

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it made 328hp on 18psi,but i think with higher compression around 9.5:1 i would have a better feel down low and make more power less boost..I liked the Vitara setup for my first budget build and was fun..It just feels like a limp noodle down low..lol

·
Registered
852 Posts
RC gets the rods all day long. So if you need replacements hit him up. But may I ask why you are not gonna go the vitara route. Thats about the only thing that makes messing with a D worth it to be honest.
Who tuned your car? Mine feels nice down low...75.5mm Vitara Y8 with custom length rods.

On the previous tune the car felt extremely sluggish...I went to a reputable tuner and it's a night and day difference. My car actually feels torquey out of boost compared to other Civic's I've driven.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
I have had both the std and custom length motors and neither felt like a limp noodle out of boost. The custom length felt the best by far. My guess is that you dont have enough timing...... But Supertech is a pretty decent piston and budget friendly. What kind of manifold and turbo are you using? Something does not sound right

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Bump for limp noodle n/a.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im using a P-fab log with T3 housing GT2871R with a turbonetics ext wastegate..look in my profile and there is a dyno sheet in there...I was thinking a more timing too so it would help down low..

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Im using a P-fab log with T3 housing GT2871R with a turbonetics ext wastegate..look in my profile and there is a dyno sheet in there...I was thinking a more timing too so it would help down low..
Yey man something isnt right with that you have a log mani too that thing should do just fine out of boost. It should actually be faster than a stock civic. I would say go to a different tuner or upload the map and see what some of the other guys on here that tune more than I do see.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts