Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought rods from someone over Craigslist he posted them as eagles, so with out thinking I bought them cus they looked like eagles etc, anyway I get home and I'm looking st the rods, identical to eagle rods but they say SCAT.

I've heard of these before and I heard they were good rods, my main concern is

1. Is the torque for the rod caps the same ?

2. Do I need to notch the block still ?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
1. Is the torque for the rod caps the same?
Technically speaking, you need to torque the rod bolts to whatever torque was applied when the bore was honed.

I know it's a smarky answer but if you ever change out rod bolts/buy unknowns, it is smart to have them checked out with a bore gauge

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nah they were ran on his vitara block but he broke ringlands, everything remained the same other wise

And I got them for 100 with blown pistons :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Nah they were ran on his vitara block but he broke ringlands, everything remained the same other wise

And I got them for 100 with blown pistons :)
If they have already been run, then I would ask the guy you bought them from what the torque value was when he (or someone else) assembled the motor.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
26 sounds right. I know mine were right around that.
On my B20 ARP rod bolts, I think they were 28, I think only the Vtec rods has the 60+ lb values

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I applied a 7/16th on the rod and it fit perfect, the 5/16 was too small, so 63ft/lb it is I guess

1 - 20 of 21 Posts