Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just scored a sc12 supercharger with intercooler and everything i was wondering if it would work on my z6 engine or if i should just sell it insted. thanks

·
Registered
977 Posts
nope wont work i will give you $5 for it right now !!!

I'm not sure if it will or not

OFF TO SEARCH !

·
Registered
977 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Most likely custom everything
Yeah most likely you will be going to a machine shop to make things work but in the end you will have a custom one of a kind piece good luck with it

·
Registered
977 Posts
If I had the cash I would just go buy a jackson

·
Meat Popsicle
2,920 Posts
There's 1 currently on ebay. Yesterday bidding price was at $300 now it up to $600. Looks like a 96-00 3 rib kit.

JAckson RAcing Supercharger D15 D16z6 88-00 Civic SOHC d16y d16y8 turbo ex dx lx | eBay
Too bad it's missing the lower alternator bracket and looks like poop on the outside. Granted, you can't judge the overall condition of the blower from the outside but since I've never had anyone on ebay who was willing to separate the blower from the manifold, I wouldn't take the risk.

·
Registered
774 Posts
ah the old SC12 on a honda build... how i missed you. it can be done. but its not a straight bolt on.

you need to drop AC if you have one. and then build a bracket to mount to the block and then mount the SC to that.

Problem 1) the SC12 is clockwise rotation. Hondas are?...
Problem 2) belt allignment.

Then you still need a BOV on that system.
wish my old PC wasnt stolen i was following a guy doing a SC14 build... had lots of info on this.

Any way. if you use custom or mod the piping and port the SC to be Equal intake and exhaust side. you can run the SC backwards with very little issue. this due to it not being a screw design rotor.

I tried the SC12 before i got my JRSC but back then i knew nothing. now im always after a challange.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You stand a big chance to burn out the SC12. Sell it and get a SC14.
Making mountings is the easy part :)
Or you can use it but don't make it boost more than 0.7bar and don't rev it past 8K if you want it to last.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts