Honda D Series Forum banner
421 - 440 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 · (Edited)
Fire that bitch up and romp on it, her head would eventually come out lol
wouldn't it be like putting a potatoe in the tail pipe.?
I was just thinking how fuckin' loud it would have been when they cut the pipe off ,
but then realized she dumb drunk r3tard+.

Cant believe I got censored over the words

Ching, like cha-ching

Chong, as in Tommy Chong

but meow was ok???

Get one in there man, I mean if it comes out geytuurbochanger, then just say Mr Burns is French, eh?!? Then you can take him on dates to Tim Hortons, eh?
Do not use the Chang's name in vain.or any other china entity .
holy shit brings up chong on my threads 420th post wow Man!

it is the duty of Al to eliminate all forms of hate ,one day hating racists will also not be tolerated.

Are you seriously peer pressuring me?
Haha👌👈wtf ,guy takes car out on date ,girlfriend unaware ...:cool:

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
was starting to feel down so I dug out the old vgt td04hl-15t..should be semi temporary just needed to get lifted..
it's on and running but I couldn't fit the vgt actuator on there and didn't feel like thinking.
it naturally sits in the small position and seem to open up from exhaust flow might try a carb spring or leave it alone.

had 4 psi at 2800 in second gear half throttle on the last log not even trying to load it..then around 3500 it gets to wastegate pressure 15psi and it doesn't drop off in power to redline.this engine feels way saucier then the last time this turbo was used.must be the z6 cam.and no boost leaks..dunno .

the girlfriend said it sounds pretty fuckin' good when it's ripping past,way better than with the y7 cam..

wide bands been being a little shit and giving an over heat error ,so might think about investing in a new unit .cuz once you buy a new sensor you are still stuck with a crappy 15 year old lc-1..

need to do up a better meth tank ,maybe in the front right of the bumper area.also was thinking of mounting some larger bottle cylinders on the roof but that might draw un wanted attention.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,258 Posts
Glad to see you at least got it back together and its running good. 15psi sounds fun, even if the horse pressure numbers are lower

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Glad to see you at least got it back together and its running good. 15psi sounds fun, even if the horse pressure numbers are lower
it's hard to stay out of boost with this turbo even in first ..

this would be super hot turbo with an 11 blade turbine wheel and a 19t compressor and some kind of updated thrust collar and bearing..not a screamer just a nice solid early torque wide powerband with not much chocking up top

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,258 Posts
Sounds like my turbo. Hard to stay out of boost if you give it any really throttle input. I'm sure its a little more instant on this one. Ripper vids with the boost gauge......????

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,613 Posts
Pressure actuated VGT? Or is that the wastegate? How is VGT normally controlled on it?

Either way it sounds pretty fun!

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
659 Posts
I'd love to set it up via linear actuator with position sensing, running off tip in, should theoretically provide better response times and lower spool, unfortunately no one has paid me to play with it.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 · (Edited)
Sounds like my turbo. Hard to stay out of boost if you give it any really throttle input. I'm sure its a little more instant on this one. Ripper vids with the boost gauge......????
when I'm convinced it won't be just a rip video
Pressure actuated VGT? Or is that the wastegate? How is VGT normally controlled on it?
Either way it sounds pretty fun!
thats the wastegate ,vgt arm is flopping right now .
It is controlled by pressure just like the wastegate.
was playing with it today..the vgt actuator ,,on the bench it starts moving at .5 psi and is fully open at 4psi.
I'd love to set it up via linear actuator with position sensing, running off tip in, should theoretically provide better response times and lower spool, unfortunately no one has paid me to play with it.
I like this
VGT? Variable geometry turbo? What did this one come off of? I missed that at first. Just saw tdo4
I always call it vgt for some reason ,,on the compressor housing it is a td04hl-15tk31-vft ,,
any way turbine housing still changes in volume so what evver.

it came out of an acura rdx or mdx with the k23 ...so total cool I'm using a oem honda turbo..:)

·
Registered
659 Posts
How far does that vgt arm need to move? Think there are a couple of linear actuated position sensing egr valves that could be torn apart and put to better use 🤔

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #432 ·
How far does that vgt arm need to move? Think there are a couple of linear actuated position sensing egr valves that could be torn apart and put to better use 🤔
like a big inch ...

so any way sort of got it cobbled on there ..super shitty like.had to put it beside the vgt arm cuz that was the only place it would fit . will have to redo the arm linkage bullish cuz its just a large diameter piece of fencing wire..and is real flexyslow response.

I thought about making the vgt arm come out the bottom of the turbo and put the actuator on the bottom too but the oil return was in the way..
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Rim Gas Automotive tire

pissed myself offf by snaping a bolt off in one of the holes I was gonna use on the comp housing,to hold it all down,fuck3r..

went for a test but seemed slower and had less boost ,,but that was because the wg arm didn't have as much preload on it after all thjat shit...

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
been browsing some unobtainable td04's found this nifty diesel one ,,similar turbine housing as mine but non wastegated and seems to have some type of electronic vgt actuator ,just that part would probably cost 3-4 hundo..
could make for some fun for the kids..
too bad the vft td04's use a special centersection..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
been tooning this thing sortof,,
seeing 7psi on the logs ,,

you know what,,, it feels good and even better it sounds meanish ,,to me anyway,well not really, I mean compared to having the y7 cam in it ,
now it sounds like a honda ..:)

after a test drive oil pressure at 900rpm is 20psi with 15-40..I like ..

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,613 Posts
been browsing some unobtainable td04's found this nifty diesel one ,,similar turbine housing as mine but non wastegated and seems to have some type of electronic vgt actuator ,just that part would probably cost 3-4 hundo..
could make for some fun for the kids..
too bad the vft td04's use a special centersection..

Partial motivation for me to build a VGT controller was because I have almost unlimited access to free large HD diesel engine Holsets with VGTs on them. The actuators are CAN based, you supply power, ground and CAN to it. Its impossible to use them in any practical sense without being able to command the VGT mechanism!

I reverse engineered the required messaging for a really large common Holset VGT turbo on certain Mack/Volvo, Detroit Diesel and Cummins engines. Using CANalyzer at work spliced into the private CAN network between the Engine ECU and the VGT, sniffing out the messaging was easy enough. There is no security that needs to be passed or anything to command VGT, so if you capture the raw message packets that correlate to VGT position movements while commanding position movement on an OE scan tool, you can easily see how the packet payload changes relative to commanded position.

Then once you have the messages, you can buy a cheap CAN controller and use free CAN message packet assemblers that will send out messages and get the VGT to move.

I've yet to build this, only tested the theory using CANalyzer, and it does work. I just don't see myself ever strapping one of these turbos to a Honda motor lol. Maybe build a turbo jet with it....

·
Registered
659 Posts
Partial motivation for me to build a VGT controller was because I have almost unlimited access to free large HD diesel engine Holsets with VGTs on them. The actuators are CAN based, you supply power, ground and CAN to it. Its impossible to use them in any practical sense without being able to command the VGT mechanism!

I reverse engineered the required messaging for a really large common Holset VGT turbo on certain Mack/Volvo, Detroit Diesel and Cummins engines. Using CANalyzer at work spliced into the private CAN network between the Engine ECU and the VGT, sniffing out the messaging was easy enough. There is no security that needs to be passed or anything to command VGT, so if you capture the raw message packets that correlate to VGT position movements while commanding position movement on an OE scan tool, you can easily see how the packet payload changes relative to commanded position.

Then once you have the messages, you can buy a cheap CAN controller and use free CAN message packet assemblers that will send out messages and get the VGT to move.

I've yet to build this, only tested the theory using CANalyzer, and it does work. I just don't see myself ever strapping one of these turbos to a Honda motor lol. Maybe build a turbo jet with it....

People claim I over analyze stuff, lmao!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #437 · (Edited)

oh jesus christ..
Face Cartoon Gesture Smile Hat

well now you have to put one of those big holsets on that b16 build..

there is a few guys controlling vgt with megasquirt's canbus the ones I've seen are the he351ve holsets they use 12v power ,,most other holsets are I think 24v.
but most give up and use an arduino with some kind of can shield ..
lbb other gizmos.Lil' Blackbox - Index

but I hate making shit more complex than it has to be and would just rig it for a boost pressure activated actuator..yeah far from ideal but meh..

421 - 440 of 450 Posts