Honda D Series Forum banner
401 - 420 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 ·
getting this thing to idle is painful ,don't remember the y8 head locked vtec with half tooth retard on cam being this annoying.
dizzy is cranked nearly to the end of extended slots ,have not put the light on it yet.
at first it was totally nope had to take the booster vac line off for some air,changed iac settings to 100% and rpm to 1150
and it sortof holds 1100rpm.
now I have a sneaking suspicion that the starter is ready to fuck off. ..

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,229 Posts
so, who did they steal from?

Reactions: robgoof and EFB055

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 · (Edited)
:)
so far so good ,Mr and I accomplished our first beer run mission on the new bottom end..
or :)

right now it won't start without playing the gas peddle.not sure what he wants,

got it to idle at 950 but most vacuum I can get is 16.5 inches ,,

got the timing light out and set the base timing this morning.
no wonder this thing wouldn't run before ,timing was at 7* got the dizzy cranked and all I could get out of it was 12*
maybe leave it and call it "safe"? but it really could use that extra little bit so guess I;ll make the slots a little BIGGER oh well.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,613 Posts
:)
so far so good ,Mr and I accomplished our first beer run mission on the new bottom end..
or :)

right now it won't start without playing the gas peddle.not sure what he wants,
View attachment 139425
got it to idle at 950 but most vacuum I can get is 16.5 inches ,,

got the timing light out and set the base timing this morning.
no wonder this thing wouldn't run before ,timing was at 7* got the dizzy cranked and all I could get out of it was 12*
maybe leave it and call it "safe"? but it really could use that extra little bit so guess I;ll make the slots a little BIGGER oh well.
Ripper vids and beer :)

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
went and took the turbo apart to make sure it didn't have any granny left in it.
I think it's fucked,
turbine shaft has turned blue since the last time it was apart,bearing surface just catches a nail. It probably wouldn't last if I just put a kit in it..

looking for a used genuine chra ,or new ,yeah right I don't have any kids to trade for that ..

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,258 Posts
You running a Holset right? HX35? Which one?

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,613 Posts
went and took the turbo apart to make sure it didn't have any granny left in it.
I think it's fucked,
turbine shaft has turned blue since the last time it was apart,bearing surface just catches a nail. It probably wouldn't last if I just put a kit in it..
View attachment 139438

looking for a used genuine chra ,or new ,yeah right I don't have any kids to trade for that ..
Blue just means extra heat treated and forged right?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 · (Edited)
There you go: *** meow/Chinesium for $128 USD. It'll last til it doesn't, right?!?
yeah fine but I would rather a used geniune with 400000miles on it.
and that's 165 loonies..plus shipped and queerbec hostage fee.
:( been trying to avoid the Terbochanger's ,don't think for a second that I haven't looked at these 100 times already.
I like that you remind me of the industrial models as some of those use a double ring on the turbine side ,just to find one that would work with the compressor housing..but not sure if gyturbo will have it on their chra..

brand is Gyturbo so super suspicious,, If I do"do it" it better not end up being Gehyturbo ...
damn you guys ! ..
Blue just means extra heat treated and forged right?
that was my thinking at first, also I was like "hey it looks like those sweet blue heated racing exhaust tips so must be faster."
but then I was like ummm..

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,613 Posts
yeah fine but I would rather a used geniune with 400000miles on it.
and that's 165 loonies..plus shipped and queerbec hostage fee.
:( been trying to avoid the Terbochanger's ,don't think for a second that I haven't looked at these 100 times already.
I like that you remind me of the industrial models as some of those use a double ring on the turbine side ,just to find one that would work with the compressor housing..but not sure if gyturbo will have it on their chra..

brand is Gyturbo so super suspicious,, If I do"do it" it better not end up being Gehyturbo ...
damn you guys ! ..

that was my thinking at first, also I was like "hey it looks like those sweet blue heated racing exhaust tips so must be faster."
but then I was like ummm..
Fire that bitch up and romp on it, her head would eventually come out lol

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,258 Posts
Cant believe I got censored over the words

Ching, like cha-ching

Chong, as in Tommy Chong

but meow was ok???

Get one in there man, I mean if it comes out geytuurbochanger, then just say Mr Burns is French, eh?!? Then you can take him on dates to Tim Hortons, eh?

401 - 420 of 450 Posts