·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 · (Edited)
I think I'm ready to stomp this thing.

any suggests for a ring compressor..?

yeah lube it up!

Now I take a picture of myself putting in the thrust washers so it don't keep me up at night.

Fuckin' torqued !

didn't take a picture of the oil pickup gasket but it's in there..I think

I wish permatex would stop being dildo's and actually make a cap that didn't crack even if you baby tighten it..

dang it

not a build till you draw blood.. should stop flailing my arms...

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,291 Posts
a wiseco spring compressor, if you plan on doing a bunch of rebuilds.
a vatozone clamp style if you dont.
wherever you buy it from,
AVOID HORESPOWER DIRECT!

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
Now I take a picture of myself putting in the thrust washers so it don't keep me up at night.
View attachment 139396

And this is why Rob is the man!!! I mean, I literally just got a text from a guy today. "Man, I don't know if I put it together right", and my answer was, if you didn't take a picture of it, then how you gonna know. B16a2 rings, but some scenario. You don't know, unless you know!!

Also, seriously, why doesn't Permatex put a metal screw on top on those dang tubes? Oh yeah, its cause they want to sell us new tubes of silicone every time we need it. But I will say this, if you've never used it, "the right stuff" by permatex is literally the best silicone ever. I used to only use Hondabond because it worked so well, but that Right Stuff, is actually better. It has sealed some things that I would've otherwise considered unsealable.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #387 ·
a wiseco spring compressor, if you plan on doing a bunch of rebuilds.
a vatozone clamp style if you dont.
wherever you buy it from,
AVOID HORESPOWER DIRECT!
:)
wiseco..!yikes? clamp style3^..maybe but still ,,just need a step up from my worm gears and sheet metal from a dish washer ..

And this is why Rob is the man!!! I mean, I literally just got a text from a guy today. "Man, I don't know if I put it together right", and my answer was, if you didn't take a picture of it, then how you gonna know. B16a2 rings, but some scenario. You don't know, unless you know!!

Also, seriously, why doesn't Permatex put a metal screw on top on those dang tubes? Oh yeah, its cause they want to sell us new tubes of silicone every time we need it. But I will say this, if you've never used it, "the right stuff" by permatex is literally the best silicone ever. I used to only use Hondabond because it worked so well, but that Right Stuff, is actually better. It has sealed some things that I would've otherwise considered unsealable.
thanks man ,means alot,,
unfortunately for me it is something I have to live with after my last concussion ,I almost took the oil pump off today after finishing cause I don't know if the o-ring is in it's groove , pinched or fell on the floor and I didn't notice ,never fucked that up before and it's not like I don't pay attention to what I'm doing ,,
it just gets a little old being on a loop of I better check that cuz I can't see it so maybe it could have ,so uncertainty..
oh well just gonna continue snapping anything that could cause doubt or maybe record video would be better and just carry on..

yeah scum bags.how can we make sure these tubes will dry up before being finished $$.
have used the right stuff but cost more and the cap cracks,so now ultra black
and for hondabondish stuff I found the permatex motoseal to work aight for oil pump back cover and tranny cases type places .

Also, as a sidebar, is this like the movie? "RobGoof: First Blood Part 74ish(?)"
haha great title sure does make sense :)..

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,700 Posts
I almost took the oil pump off today after finishing cause I don't know if the o-ring is in it's groove , pinched or fell on the floor and I didn't notice ,never fucked that up before and it's not like I don't pay attention to what I'm doing ,,
it just gets a little old being on a loop of I better check that cuz I can't see it so maybe it could have ,so uncertainty..
Can't tell you how many times I've done that lmao.

Sometimes just on autopilot doing reassembly, then an hour goes by "did i remember to do that?"

Then another hour spent redoing what you just did just to verify that it was done lol.

Happens all the time, even at work. Sometimes ill be heading to the bathroom to take a piss, while still thinking about some problem, then making my way back to my desk ill stop and say "no one else was using that urinal, right?"

Someday, I'm literally going to head into the bathroom in full on problem solver mode, and piss on someone already using the urinal because I was too "in the zone" to comprehend if it was unoccupied lol.

I actually slightly fear this lol, its gonna happen one day, I feel it...

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
Hmmm.......think we could market metal caps for Permatex tubes? Just sell them to shops and any guys that need them? If I had a machine shop, I'd make them lol. Wouldn't make any money with it, but yeah

·
Registered
412 Posts
yeah scum bags.how can we make sure these tubes will dry up before being finished $$.
have used the right stuff but cost more and the cap cracks,so now ultra black
and for hondabondish stuff I found the permatex motoseal to work aight for oil pump back cover and tranny cases type places .
you know if you were real cheapskates you would just clean the cap off and superglue that fucker back together...if some manufacturer thinks he can force me to buy new by making cheap containers he's sorely mistaken!

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
Locked in for the long haul?
they are all in for the ride..however long that lasts... z6 cam ..yay

Hmmm.......think we could market metal caps for Permatex tubes? Just sell them to shops and any guys that need them? If I had a machine shop, I'd make them lol. Wouldn't make any money with it, but yeah
for the greater good!
I bet an old tooth paste tube cap is stronger ..
I found an old tube I had tossed aside and out of it must have been a desperate Rob, tube had a big nut screwed on there and bolt to seal the end..

you know if you were real cheapskates you would just clean the cap off and superglue that fucker back together...if some manufacturer thinks he can force me to buy new by making cheap containers he's sorely mistaken!
yeah well I am lazy and cheap so no super glue,shits expensive , I just permatex'd the crack shut ..:)
I usually don't notice the moment it cracks only when I go to use it and it's orifice is sealed tight :(.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #395 ·
got it all together and back into Mr. ..
sparkplugs out dizzy unplugged ,was going to lame prime the oil
turn on key ,pump primes cel flash .ok
cranked it great it cranks,
turn off on again pump primes crank ok

put plugs in dizzy plugged in
turn on key pump primes
crank no fire
crank sputter.
off key on key no prime solid cel..:(

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,700 Posts
got it all together and back into Mr. ..
sparkplugs out dizzy unplugged ,was going to lame prime the oil
turn on key ,pump primes cel flash .ok
cranked it great it cranks,
turn off on again pump primes crank ok

put plugs in dizzy plugged in
turn on key pump primes
crank no fire
crank sputter.
off key on key no prime solid cel..:( View attachment 139420
No corrosion in the connectors or anything is there?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #398 · (Edited)
I don't know ,,I think the emu had stage fright..?

went back to it and flipped the ign switch on and off real fast and aggressive like 40 times
and it started acting "normal"..

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,346 Posts
So it's that kinda car...........

I love that kinda car. Aint nobody gonna steal that kinda car.................

Mostly cause they can't

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #400 ·
So it's that kinda car...........

I love that kinda car. Aint nobody gonna steal that kinda car.................

Mostly cause they can't
with that kind of car you know it would end up starting running and not give the thief any problems..
cummon this is Mr.Burns! car has a spirit ..has burned my ass a few times:)

This little car didn't do one thing tonight that can't be explained...
in terms of short circuits, sprung doors, grabbing steering, worn knuckles,
maybe some advertising gimmick.
I'll fix it.

381 - 400 of 469 Posts