Honda D Series Forum banner
341 - 360 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,440 Posts
You know, we also havent seen the 18+ image filter pop up on Rob's thread in a while... usually that thing would trigger thinking a freshly mowed lawn was a barely legal teen...

Or maybe the mods have dialed in the AI a bit better?

main-qimg-cea2a6288e5cb18680cb0ac74628886e.jpeg

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 · (Edited)
Maybe just a lil bit.
makes me wonder what boost cut was at?

Dude, a lathe? Thats like the highest piece of tech ive seen in this entire build thread :)

Who are you?

Damn bots, stop replacing Rob!
don't worry it's me .still a transbot haven't made the final step ..

I needed something new to learn and play with and take my mind back from the bad place .
kinda like when they have a place for retards to do art and sometimes something special or magical comes out of it
and the organizers get to bank on it type of need.

So after developing a sick disturbing fixation with holes I knew the only way I could feed this need would be to make my own.
ended up peer pressuring myself to impulse buy a minila the .

I knew he was holding out on us!
yeah and I feel bad about it ..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 · (Edited)
You know, we also havent seen the 18+ image filter pop up on Rob's thread in a while... usually that thing would trigger thinking a freshly mowed lawn was a barely legal teen...

Or maybe the mods have dialed in the AI a bit better?

View attachment 138638
AI gets confused and thinks his name is AL..

it gets rid of suspect images and it's pissing me off.
having trouble posting pictures of the lasagna I had last night.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,440 Posts
You got any logs of before the engine got hurt? Id be curious to know what boost you saw lol. It sounds like you didnt hit cut then during your rips with the wastegate broken haha.

When i got the civic back from the dyno, it was peaking at around 21-22 on the dyno, and tuner said it will probably see more on the street.

Boost cut was set to like 23, and i forgot to lower the boost control settings on my first WOT street rip, and hit that cut.... that was violent, it was almost as bad as slamming on the brakes as hard as i could haha. Teeth almost met steering wheel.

You'd know if you hit cut :)

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
You got any logs of before the engine got hurt? Id be curious to know what boost you saw lol. It sounds like you didnt hit cut then during your rips with the wastegate broken haha.

When i got the civic back from the dyno, it was peaking at around 21-22 on the dyno, and tuner said it will probably see more on the street.

Boost cut was set to like 23, and i forgot to lower the boost control settings on my first WOT street rip, and hit that cut.... that was violent, it was almost as bad as slamming on the brakes as hard as i could haha. Teeth almost met steering wheel.

You'd know if you hit cut :)
It would have been cool to see but no don't got any,
I was driving it ,hadn't made any changes so no reason to log it..:(
most of the time it was between 26-28 with an occasional 30 psi spike on some days..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
It's pretty notbad that it's just some cheap bearings that shit the bed boosting a poor 1.5l with 38lbs
it was a d16y7 7:1 compression

so started tearing down Dirty16smokey7 .

it's been a long while, these are the old style vitara pistons really diesel sounding, engine was built back in 2007 and has not been opened since except valve lashing.
arrow pointing forward ,oh well.
pretty funny had a felpro head gasket ,all it's coating stuck to the block head didn't seem overly blown with most of the coating still stuck on around the bores ?
IMG_0009[1].JPG

just laughing .piston to wall is like half a millimeter.
when I slid one out it pretty well came out under it's own weight .
decent color and not wet.

not bad for never an air filter..

not even cracked. well it's decided these are going in to the trashcompactor build.:)
I need to find some nos ycp vitaras

broken thrust bearing stuck in the pickup screen from some turbo long past..

one of these things is not like the others.
IMG_0021[1].JPG

#1 rod

#4 rod 2&3 also looked like this.

#1 rod journal has some little pits and on the power side can catch a nail .

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #357 ·
5 days ago scored some points on bigThem's AI score board . hope you guys don't get tricked by science too ,,kov!d shot owned my ass 101.99 fever spin city projectile vomit awake night terrors super sweaty cold catatonic dream state marathon ,science what a bunch of ffags(wtf you can write fuckers but ffags gets ****?).most likely boiled my brain, those fuckers.as if I wasn't fucked enough.
The worst part.freaked out today on my girlfriend , I got jealous of the garden and the cats taking up our do nothing fuck time .

before all that :
found another wastegate actuator in the pile .china sure knows best.
With my wuss out spwings installed and wg arm limp wristed it is hitting 25psi at 6000rpm with low N slow ramp in timing so no big hit in torque ,feels n/aish .Pulls decently hard from 5500 to 7869 redline .
I just don' trust the bottom end rigidity of D15granny7.
91 octaine no water right now.

fixed up a shitty old tial china bov I had sitting ,cock ring valve seat kept ending up in the throttle body, no shots of the action but it wasn't pretty ..
yes those are flys on the valve cover.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 · (Edited)
little by little this thing feels more out of control with each drive .
both rear shocks are blown now and the front is just clown shoes.

don't feel like I need to spend for a platinum setup aiming more towards copper..

this is for street driving, goofing around on uneven country roads ,I do not do high speed cornering cuz I'm too cheap to buy real tires.

I have a fucked neck and crookt spine so got to keep in mind it can NOT be harsh ,bouncy ,stiff or jarring in any way
but also don't want a floating honda cadillac .

a review online doesn't help because their necks don't hurt.

need some opinions.

I could start a topic post but why..

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
536 Posts
Get a set of Monroe sensitracs, dirt cheap. Then go poly bushings everywhere but trailing and link arms. Still running hacked springs with modified hats?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #360 ·
Get a set of Monroe sensitracs, dirt cheap. Then go poly bushings everywhere but trailing and link arms. Still running hacked springs with modified hats?
will look into them.
no its 4door ek springs on oem style replacement shock.

341 - 360 of 371 Posts