Honda D Series Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
well the d16smokey7 is now the knockingrod16smokey7 , oh well surprised it took ass much as it did.

guess it's time to finish getting grannys1.5 together ..

man I feel lazy..

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·

most likely smokey7's last kill ..rip.

sure hate seeing an empty bay ,unless it was planned of course ..

yay! D15granny7 is in her probably last home ...
right now cam is advanced 2/5ths of a tooth, not sure how that works...using obd1 gear cuz obd2 gear was way off.but might give it another go ,or just retard the cam 3/5ths , haha?really should have paid attention in class.
got the dizzy set 16*

when I was inspecting all the old shit it looks like the turbo bearings took a dump too ..:( solong hy..

so for now it's running n/eh and holy shit is it slow almost funny sad slow..how do you n/a guys do it?I'm just bored out of my mind waiting for it to get up to 70kmh.

got to get a turbo on her before I loose interest..

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
386 Posts
slow..how do you n/a guys do it?
Jack the compression up, run a hotter zfr5 plug, set base timing to 20° advanced, since its a d15 retard that cam timing, add a bit more fuel, and port match your intake 😃 still not gonna be fast, but you wont be bored.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 ·
This is the greatest thing ever
ha

Jack the compression up, run a hotter zfr5 plug, set base timing to 20° advanced, since its a d15 retard that cam timing, add a bit more fuel, and port match your intake 😃 still not gonna be fast, but you wont be bored.
that sounds like more work than slamming together a slimeball exhaust mani and a greasy used turbo...

he's half way there ,got the greasy turbo and the makings just got to slam it together.

one day I'll call up Willie and see if he has any used genuine holsets

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
so figured I would give rebuilding the holset a chance

I like the crusty o-wing .
I wonder .does china just suck at installing o-rings or was I not supposed to run methanol through the turbo without the "proper" seals?
you can see bits of rod bearing hanging out one the thrust surface..
chra sure got rusty..:)

and some more bearing partially blocking the feed line .maybe a filter in the turbo feed could have saved this thing ,,one day.

I have installed the turbo and started some boost tuning .doesn't seem to smoke more after install so good for now .
on the first drive even with open wastegate it felt so much better like the engine had the urge to go vrrROOOM !
seeing 5psi at 4000 right now .

321 - 330 of 330 Posts