Honda D Series Forum banner

261 - 280 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
811 Posts
Lol I know, a tiny light coat should keep green/blue from coming back for a while, at least where pins and terminals touch :)

I agree, I've had cases where if you apply too much, it becomes an insulator and disconnects things you intended to connect.

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Finished the catch can lazy/shitty style it's a drain back I guess just wedged it in there beside the intake,also have a beer lady can on the wee nipple as the cum catcher..

Been driving it in to let the parts get to know each other ,not venturing very far just going nowhere, annoying the townies while I'm at it,,some people sure are ugly when they get mad..

5pounds for the first few 000,, did first oil change ,looked mmky no shiny ..mostly 15-40 diesel oil and a bit of 10-30 ..who says you can't mix oil it just happened...
look over under no leaks ,me happy ..

changed wastegate to stiffy..so now 16-20pounds of air , dust and boners..

been watching the strap and listening for evil ,
with 1.25 deg/psi retard it was having a slight tickl from 3500-5500 until the wategate opened,
\fuck you I says,while shaking at the noise ,not today D..we gonna go to the moon !

not sure if serious or has no torque ..

Now after some 800km so far so good,
Was doing a 4th gear and after letting off I caught a bastardly wiff of oil smoke.
fuck did I toast the the little Dastard? hop out look under to see oil dripping off of the pan and oil sprayed on exhaust ...ok

shut it off, checked oil level was down about a liter and .5 .
started back up I couldn't see any real drips so creeped it home ..

not sure but I probably over torqued the pan ...or shitty gasket..

when I built it the pan gasket packing did look old and sunned and the gasket was crumpled into a ball to fit in the bag but still I think its my own doing...

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
ok that was uncalled for ! ,that will teach me for using a new gasket ,usually I just go used with some permatex..
got it changed ,put in a 20 year old one...

looking at this "new" gasket raises atleast one eyebrow ..

I could be wrong maybe they are made all cracked for more sealing surface area? :)

nok brand from rockauto ,date on the crusty bag label was from a month before I ordered it...

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
811 Posts
Aged for 30 years on the shelf in some dark back room, for that vintage they should have charged you more for it honestly! Bet it tastes fantastic!

That shit's been on the shelf for at least 2 months... skeptical stove....

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #268

didn't call it the dirty15 for nothing

at least no bent valves maybe..

put piston at bdc insert compression tester , one turn of crank ,about 100psi all 4..
cam bearing surface is iffy so not sure ...

just gonna put a belt on see how it runs ,,if it does will install methanol nozzle up the limiter and set boost to fuck you...

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
, belt was gates from ebay..
guess these heads need the full oil supply ?
cam was just stuck a little when I put a wrench on it..

yeah cleaned up the journals best he could, gave it the middle finger 5-6 times and put on a used belt.

forgot my stick pushing on the brake peddle so killed the battery ,waiting for it to charge before I find out if the head is coming off..

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,059 Posts
dang bro, a few blows of bad luck. hoping the head is good, no benties eh?

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
well,still waiting for the battery to charge.....
I had it on over night and was still at 10volts but charge needle says good to go?:( tried to crank it would only do one womp over and no more...stare at it for 10 and nothin..

so left it alone had a joint and took a dump.
got back to it ,turned it by hand, went to one of my healthy d's and turned it over by hand just to compare hardness to turn ,,,hmm similar force to turn both...

go back to the car and just scan its bay, probably looked at the battery for a good 20 minutes ,,
then I see it ,,turns out I'm retarded and don't really notice semi-important things ..
battery charger negative clamp was not even clipped on was just dangling to the ground and I had the clamp for my power inverter on the neg instead ....

wow ,all I could do was laugh like a deranged maniac ...

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
I let it have an hour of charge .

turned the key and the dirty15 cam to life .
as far as I can tell it sounds the same as before ?

is there a simple way to see if the cam and rockers are getting oil ,,checking pressure at vtec solenoid tells me nothing..
plug on the last cam cap?

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
811 Posts
I let it have an hour of charge .

turned the key and the dirty15 cam to life .
as far as I can tell it sounds the same as before ?

is there a simple way to see if the cam and rockers are getting oil ,,checking pressure at vtec solenoid tells me nothing..
plug on the last cam cap?
I had to do something once to observe oil flow through the rocker/cam assembly on a large overhead cam diesel engine.

Pull valve cover and make some cardboard shields around the exposed valve train to keep oil from splashing everywhere.

Then use a UV leak detection light, glasses and dye. With the engine running, pour the dye into the head drain port, while watching the rocker arm assembly. The dye will take a minute to get picked up, but when it does you will see the UV traces in the oil oozing out of the rocker assembly all over the place if its getting oil like it should. You can usually tell where oil starts feeding first, then watching to make sure it ends up everywhere else.

Any place on the rocker assembly that didn't get dye oozing from it like the others, suspect that area for passage blockages.

Of course, you could do the same thing with a bottle of royal purple engine oil. Just pour it in and watch for purple oozing, so long as your engine oil is fairly clean and clear. Or food coloring if your feeling frisky lmao, although I don't know how well it saturates in engine oil. Experiment?

261 - 280 of 288 Posts